Mitchell Airport FD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mweiher

Just to end all the suspense (SMILE)....

GMIA Ops have extensive equipment that will require narrowbanding mandate replacement. The current plan is to construct a P25 site near GMIA and have all departments migrate from VHF/UHF to the P25 800 system to comply with narrowbanding. HOWEVER, this is probably still a year away, based on planning and licensing requirements.

Right now we're looking to locate a site at the old 440th. Time will tell if that comes to fruition, but it will make my replacement's life easier to have them all on the 800 system. (I say my replacement as I've recently announced my retirement from Milwaukee County as their Radio System Administrator effective with the end of the rebanding project.)

My retirement plans include a probable move back to the UK - which I left some 50 years ago - for permanent residency. SO I will rely on websites such as this one to stay in touch with what is happening with our P25 migration! I hope each of you will continue to post and thereby keep me informed!!!! Thanks for all the lively conversation thus far....

mkescan

My retirement plans include a probable move back to the UK - which I left some 50 years ago - for permanent residency. SO I will rely on websites such as this one to stay in touch with what is happening with our P25 migration! I hope each of you will continue to post and thereby keep me informed!!!! Thanks for all the lively conversation thus far....

Don't leave us :-( You shared a lot of great info with us, and we will really miss that.
Enjoy your retirement, hope you have great time.

Oh yeah, so when will Milwaukee County finish up with rebanding?

Status
Not open for further replies.