Mobile County / City

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kegan30317

After laying my scanner(s) aside for a few years, I just took them back out and dusted them off. I'm aware that historically Mobile City PD was not able to be scanned. Has anything changed given availability of new types of scanner and/or any changes with the city equipment? Given all this hullabaloo with Harris Corp, I'm long since out of the proverbial loop. Thx in advance.

gulfy32

I'm in the same boat Kegan. I have a Bearcat BCT15X and after they switched to digital and encrypted I couldn't listen anymore. I see someone is streaming Mobile City Police and Fire, Mobile County Sheriff Fire/EMS, USA Police. So something must have changed.

garys

Premium Subscriber
Have you done any monitoring of the P25 system for Mobile County? Last time I was there, in early March, they were testing and had a couple of talk groups active. It was P25, but not encrypted. Which doesn't mean it won't be when they go live.

Mobile PD is not encrypted. I hear them loud and clear in Fairhope on my BCD996P2 with the Provoice add-on. For now at least.

dmmbutts

Have you done any monitoring of the P25 system for Mobile County? Last time I was there, in early March, they were testing and had a couple of talk groups active. It was P25, but not encrypted. Which doesn't mean it won't be when they go live.

A little but don't seem to be hearing anything right now. When I stop the scan and scroll through the frequencies manually, I get a control channel on the main tower and a few that have a weak open-mic sound, but no radio traffic at all.

mcems79

everyone is still operating on EDACS for now and when we swap to P25, MPD and poss a few other PD's will be encrypted unfortunately but as far as i know all ems & fire will be unencrypted. I learned this from training i attended this week but but they also say we will be on the P25 system by august but there is still a lot of programming to be completed so we will see what happens

Status
Not open for further replies.