Monroe County Fire Districts VHF Licenses

sallen07

Premium Subscriber
I have a scanlist with all the old Monroe County "local" Fire and EMS channels in it, and have had it running 24x7 since Friday. Just got home from an appointment and noticed that it was sitting on "Gates FD". Of course by the time I unmuted the transmission was over, but a few seconds later there was another. Just the two-tone alert for Gates and nothing else. I did not hear the same transmission on their talkgroup.

Looking at the log there were 7 transmissions over a 5 minute period. I'll keep monitoring.

mc48

Premium Subscriber
Numerous sets of tones but no voice transmissions on 158.88 DPL245 GFD, I'm also monitoring and recording several of these frequencies.
The one listed under Brockport Fire Ch58 is also active 158.94 127.3PL I believe it was Brockport village DPW blocking streets for something.

k2hz

Database Admin
I have hearing periodic MDC1200 on Brighton 153.995 but no voice.
158.940 WQDI290 is actually licensed to the Village of Brockport, not the FD. If you hear regular DPW operations please submit it to change to Public Works.

k2hz

Database Admin
I talked to a Chili member who said 155.955 is not used but still available. No reason to use it with available P25 system TGs. Checking on what is going on with the tones on Gates.

Also, no reason why it had been listed as Fire Dispatch since that was on CH5 back when they had a dispatcher. The 155.955 was seldom used in the past except in situations like storm response when County channels were busy.

nikronzo

Gates still dispatches on their own along with Henrietta, all over FDs get dispatched by ECD downtown.

k2hz

Database Admin
Gates still dispatches on their own along with Henrietta, all over FDs get dispatched by ECD downtown.
Henrietta seems to have dropped use of their 154.415 and Gates is not dispatching on 158.880. The continued use of CH 5 for dispatch is not in question. The topic of this thread is present use of the various department "private" channels.

nikronzo

I can't speak for Gates Ch.80 but Henrietta Ch.51 is very much online and in radios as a backup

k2hz

Database Admin
I can't speak for Gates Ch.80 but Henrietta Ch.51 is very much online and in radios as a backup
I made that assumption and changed it to Fire-Talk when no longer simul with their TG. Do they have dual band radios or just keeping VHF radios for backup?

DaveNF2G

Premium Subscriber
None of the alternate high-numbered VHF channels were ever used for "dispatch". They were all local operations/fireground channels. 158.880 in Gates used to be used by Gates Volunteer Ambulance and Gates PD's dispatcher could transmit on it. (I was a GVAS member for a while.)

nikronzo

Yes, HFD and many other departments are running all band radios and have the county trunk plus their old VHF backup channels and all of NIFOG in them

k2hz

Database Admin
None of the alternate high-numbered VHF channels were ever used for "dispatch". They were all local operations/fireground channels. 158.880 in Gates used to be used by Gates Volunteer Ambulance and Gates PD's dispatcher could transmit on it. (I was a GVAS member for a while.)
Henrietta was the exception in recent years since they had 154.415 simul with 154.310 until recently. I think some of the other departments that had their own dispatchers and consoles also would sometimes have their channels patched to County 5. So, even though the local channel was not really "Dispatch", listeners may have reported it as such. That is what I am attempting to clean up in RRDB. If a channel is tagged "Dispatch", listeners reasonably expect they can hear all dispatch activity by monitoring it. If it is tagged "Talk" then YMMV on what, if anything, you hear on it.

DaveNF2G

Premium Subscriber
I lived in the area for forty years and worked as a dispatcher for a few of those. I never heard any evidence that anyone was doing primary fire dispatching anywhere but Channel 5. Even the self-dispatched departments and the battalion backups used Channel 5. I monitored the locals also and never heard Channel 5 traffic over any of them.