Monroe County - Jackson Township agencies

tampabaynews

Keeping your PIO busy
Premium Subscriber
Hey Monroe County, PA folks.

I'm taking a trip to Reeders, Jackson Township and will be bringing my Unication G3. Did some poking around to figure out what I need to program. Confirming these are the agencies/channels that cover the township:
  • Fire - MC Fire Dispatch and MC Fire Central - Jackson Twp Vol Fire
  • EMS - MC EMS A-5 - St Lukes EMS
  • LE - PA State Police (Ugh ENC....)
Anything else I should know about monitoring the area? How's the P25 transition going?

Thanks in advance.

smorris

WX3PMC/WQWZ815/MOPA-27
Hey Monroe County, PA folks.

I'm taking a trip to Reeders, Jackson Township and will be bringing my Unication G3. Did some poking around to figure out what I need to program. Confirming these are the agencies/channels that cover the township:
  • Fire - MC Fire Dispatch and MC Fire Central - Jackson Twp Vol Fire
  • EMS - MC EMS A-5 - St Lukes EMS
  • LE - PA State Police (Ugh ENC....)
Anything else I should know about monitoring the area? How's the P25 transition going?

Thanks in advance.
If you’re using a G3, it doesn’t perform well on analog systems while scanning. I tried one a year ago. However, if you would be in Jackson, the below frequencies would be helpful to you.

EMS A-6
Police North
Fire/EMS Dispatch
Fire Central

You may also want to program the following as well.

EMS A-1
Fire North
Police Regional
Police Countywide
Med 9
Incident Command
Police Tac

I wouldn’t bother with the hospital patching channels(A-3/A-5), it may not be worth your time, unless you really dig that kind of traffic. PSP does cover Jackson, however Police North is a nice listen also, from Pocono Twp. The P25 transition is probably another year or so away. Lots of money problems.

Last edited:

tampabaynews

Keeping your PIO busy
Premium Subscriber
I've been satisfied with my G3 thus far so I'm sticking to that plan for now.

Thanks for confirming the agencies. Not used to the township structure where I'm from.