Monroe County ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

smartboy06

Premium Subscriber
Right now, there is a situation near Cole and Monroe...the K-9 officer had another officer go to "channel 3". I got nothing MPSCS-wise having to do with "Channel 3"...is this a conventional repeater or maybe even an I-tac frequency?

rjschall

I'm assuming whatever they have programmed for channel 3 in their 800 mhz radios is what they're referring to. Probably because they dont want to give out the talkgroup name on the air so the public cant hear whats going on!!

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
I doubt that at all, since operating the scanner in ID SEARCH mode (which most do unless you know all talkgroups) means you'll hear it just fine.

Combustion

Which tower were you listening to? Flat Rock tower does not have all of the Monroe County talk groups broadcast on it as a normal operating mode. If it was deep into Monroe County you need to be on their subsystem which, by the way, has a lot of traffic on it.

smartboy06

Premium Subscriber
I don't remember which tower eactly, but I would put money that it was Flat Rock because I am not close enough to Monroe County to get the subsystem adequately.

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
That explains it then. Only the primary talkgroups are enabled outside of the subsystem.

SCPD

QRT
So what is the closest tower to Wyandotte, that IS in the subsystem? I recieve downriver great with just the rubber duckie. but Monroe County is iffy at best here. I'm comtemplating putting up an outside antenna. I got my hands on a little parabolic that was used at 950 mhz for wireless cctv. Give me a direction to point it. Not interested in anything to the north of me. But I would like to listen to Monroe County, along with the Downriver stuff.

seamusg

Wyandotte said:
So what is the closest tower to Wyandotte, that IS in the subsystem? I recieve downriver great with just the rubber duckie. but Monroe County is iffy at best here. I'm comtemplating putting up an outside antenna. I got my hands on a little parabolic that was used at 950 mhz for wireless cctv. Give me a direction to point it. Not interested in anything to the north of me. But I would like to listen to Monroe County, along with the Downriver stuff.
Go here and click on the sites close to you, then click on the call sign for a map of the towers.
http://www.radioreference.com/modules.php?name=TRSDB&sid=100. Also if you're not within the simulcast area or are just outside of it you'll need a good 800 mhz antenna.

Status
Not open for further replies.