Montgomery County, MD Fire Dispatch Dead Air

atlong

Database Admin
Hi all,

I've just noticed in the past 48 hours or so, that Montgomery 7A2 and TG 4005 on the TRS seems to be hitting the attention/alert tone for a dispatch, but there's just dead air. Seems to last between 10-20 seconds, so it sounds like it could be a legit dispatch or other radio transmission, but there's no audio on either VHF or the TRS. Can't be an open mic, since the alert signal precedes each one of these empty transmissions and then the transmission ends. I've noticed it happening around 2300hrs on and off and a bit overnight. I was always under the impression that voice dispatch supersedes everything else including the CAD. Thoughts?

atlong

Database Admin
Looks like it happened again over this past weekend--No dispatcher audio on 7V2, but an alert tone every now and again and pager tones when needed. Looks like as of this morning, the dispatch audio is back, but has a bad echo.

atlong

Database Admin
Looks like it happened again over this past weekend--No dispatcher audio on 7V2, but an alert tone every now and again and pager tones when needed. Looks like as of this morning, the dispatch audio is back, but has a bad echo.
...and just like that, it's back to normal.