Morris County Trunked with Uniden BCD436HP

vcattano404

Premium Subscriber
Looking for a little programming help with a Uniden BCD436HP and the Morris County Trunked system. I am using the Uniden Sentinel software for this model scanner. I have updated the Uniden Master Data Base several times. I have uploaded both the Morris County Trunked and Morris County Conventional data to the scanner and created my favorite list, which is scanning. I am picking up conventional freq's but am not picking up anything on the digital/trunked side at all over the course of a week.. Am I missing something? This is my first time using Sentinel software and it is pretty different than Freescan for my older scanner. Thanks for any tips.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Make sure that you are only scanning the 700 simulcast site, as the UHF simulcast is no longer active (it's technically still on the air, which is why it's still listed, but I may remove it to avoid confusion).

Other than that, you may be the victim of simulcast distortion in your area. If you're within range of two or more subsites, the scanner is going to have trouble making sense of the signal. It's a very well documented issue that a number of scanners suffer from if they weren't designed with P25 trunking simulcast in mind. Your 436 unfortunate is one such model.

vcattano404

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the info and I will give it a try. If I am only scanning the 700 simulcast site, will the scanner show what channel I am actually listening to (ie FD or PD response channels)? Thanks!

Whiskey3JMC

DXpeditioner, RRDB & Google-fu ninja 4 hire
Premium Subscriber
If you have said response channels programmed into the favorites list then you should see the applicable alpha tag & TGID displayed on your scanner's screen when the talkgroup is active. Frequency info on trunked systems will NOT be displayed on a 436HP as it is on conventional channels
1715100990007.png

Last edited: