Moto Setup

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Rayjk110

Here's some pics of my setup, taken recently.

P7210047.jpg

7ea3ef0b.jpg

scannerpro

Nice little set up, I have a question on those Motorola Radios, If you where to press the little orange circluar button does that sound the emergency tone or what does it do. I've heard stuff about it but I'am clueless what it does and just interested on what it does.

RocketNJ

Depends on the system the dradio is programmed on and also how the radio is programmed.

On our system we've set the button to be emergency for law enforcement units and scan on/off for non law enforcement units.

JohnnyGalaga

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
RocketNJ said:
Depends on the system the dradio is programmed on and also how the radio is programmed.
Is the radio programmed on a system?

R

Rayjk110

Yes, a couple radios are programmed on a "System". 1 not pictured is an 800mhz moto portable.

The orange button just activates scan, I really don't need it to beep since I'm not doing something that'd require that feature, although it will. On the XTS it switches between zones.

On the bottom left are 2 base/dispatcher type mics, and the bottom radio is a Spectra, to the right a UHF visar.

JohnnyGalaga

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Rayjk110 said:
Yes, a couple radios are programmed on a "System". 1 not pictured is an 800mhz moto portable.
Based on that reply, I would recommend you ABSOLUTELY read this thread in its entirety. Believe me, for a while I thought I also wanted to get into commercial programming, but when I read about the legal issues involved, I got out of it, FAST. :eek::mad::(:evil::roll:

Josh

JohnnyGalaga said:
Is the radio programmed on a system?
-------------------------------------------------
Based on that reply, I would recommend you ABSOLUTELY read this thread in its entirety. Believe me, for a while I thought I also wanted to get into commercial programming, but when I read about the legal issues involved, I got out of it, FAST. :eek::mad::(:evil::roll:

Give it up already and quit giving people a hard time. :evil:

The deifinition of system varies, of course. 'System' is NOT ALWAYS DEFINED AS A TRUNKING RADIO SYSTEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There are some ham repeater SYSTEMS in his area that require certain MDC codes to even key them up.... heh, an MDC system was configured.

I don't know your background, I don't know why you're always talking about trunked radio systems and the "how-to's" of programming, and the legalities behind it all the time. It's either because you are ignorant, or because you're just being a pain in the ass but I honestly wish you'd quit beating the dead horse and mind your own business in regards to the matter. I didn't hijack your radio picture thread and make accusations as you have repeatedly with mine.

OOOh the evils of trunking, oooh... the evil of the word "system" alone to some people *sigh*, but I'm sure Ray wrote that just to spin your wheels. :p

Last edited:

Signal3and2

Premium Subscriber
Josh said:

The deifinition of system varies, of course. 'System' is NOT ALWAYS DEFINED AS A TRUNKING RADIO SYSTEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There are some ham repeater SYSTEMS in his area that require certain MDC codes to even key them up.... heh, an MDC system was configured.

I don't know your background, I don't know why you're always talking about trunked radio systems and the "how-to's" of programming, and the legalities behind it all the time. It's either because you are ignorant, or because you're just being a pain in the ass but I honestly wish you'd quit beating the dead horse and mind your own business in regards to the matter. I didn't hijack your radio picture thread and make accusations as you have repeatedly with mine.

OOOh the evils of trunking, oooh... the evil of the word "system" alone to some people *sigh*, but I'm sure Ray wrote that just to spin your wheels. :p

Thaaaaaaaaaank you!!!!

Signal3and2

Premium Subscriber
Oh, so when you gonna install all those /\/\ in your shiny new, legally driveable car buddy?

OpSec

All your WACN are belong to us
Database Admin
Josh said:

And contrary to JG's popular belief, there are some of us that have privately-owned 800 MHz trunked radios that are LEGALLY programmed on "systems" that we are AUTHORIZED to use.

Moral: Stop blithering about legalities. If the person is dumb enough to do something illegal, let them get caught on their own.

R

Rayjk110

Josh said:

Exactly. Thank you josh.

If I decide to program my radios on Systems, wether it be VHF, UHF, or 800MHz, let that be my problem.

I'm getting tired of seeing people (you know who you are) playing "I'm Mr. Trunking Expert" like they own the forums telling people why or that they can't have 800 stuff or making a big deal of it. And yes, I have rights on a VHF and UHF Motorola System that requires ID's. Also 800/900MHz.

Please let people deal with their own radios and what they want to monitor or talk on.

Status
Not open for further replies.