• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Motorola cp200D to Motorola legacy cp200, cp200xls programming, and radio to radio cloning questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

stewartp5

Hello group,

I have a couple of of legacy cp200, and one legacy cp200xls two-way radios that I am trying to program. I have a couple cp200d two-way radios that are already programmed. The problem is that I am having a problem finding the programming software, I checked with several motorola dealers, and I noticed that the software for the legacy cp200, and cp200xls radios was listed as discontinued (I am assuming that this is due to the age of the radios, and the fact that the radios are also disconinued).

I have three questions concerning how to clone the cp200d with legacy cp200, and cp200xls two-way radios

1. will the cloning cable for the legacy cp200 work with the cp200xls, and the cp200d two-way radios?
2. do I have to find a cloning cable that is both micro usb,and micro tip ring sleeve combination cable? if so does this cable exist? if so does anyone know where I can purchase it from?
3. will any cable that is a compination micro usb combination micro tip ring sleeve connector work?

Thank you,

Peter Stewart

K2NEC

As mentioned above, it's not possible.
CP200 and CP200XLS use the Commercial Series CPS while the CP200d uses MotoTRBO CPS.
Fortunately, those radios are max 16 channels so worst case scenario you have to copy 16 channels and put them into the other radios.

SteveC0625

Order of the Golden Dino since 1972
As mentioned above, it's not possible.
CP200 and CP200XLS use the Commercial Series CPS while the CP200d uses MotoTRBO CPS.
Fortunately, those radios are max 16 channels so worst case scenario you have to copy 16 channels and put them into the other radios.

Um, the CP200 comes in 4 and 16 channel versions. The CP200XLS is 128 conventional channels.

K2NEC

Um, the CP200 comes in 4 and 16 channel versions. The CP200XLS is 128 conventional channels.
I'm well aware, but I'm saying is he won't have to program more than 16 channels into each radio anyway. Since the CP200d has max of 16 channels and that's assuming all 16 are being used. And it's not like it's an extensive codeplug. TX freq, RX freq, maybe PL.

stewartp5

Hello group,

Thank you very much for the responses, and sorry that this reply is two-three weeks late. My legacy CP200 , CP200D and CP200XLS are 16 channel models. The frequencies in my CP200D radios (which are the ones that I want to clone to the legacy CP200. and CP200XLS radios) are the same frequencies, and the same PL codes, (and the radio that I want to clone to the cp200XLS from a uhf CP200d) is CSQ.

Thank you for the help,

Peter Stewart

Status
Not open for further replies.