• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Motorola DMR cps2 issue

Hi, I normally resolve issues myself but this 1 has me stumped, I have a windows 7ultimate laptop and trying to instal cps2 v2.146.122.0
I’ve tried both v2.138.176.0 and v2.146.122.0 and getting an error on install “windows version not supported” and checking the instal log it’s error 2732 directory manager not initialized
Previous versions of cps2 have installed and worked ok.
I’m thinking it’s something in the laptop causing the issue, it’s fully updated according to windows update.
Running windows 7 ultimate, service pack 1 on a dell laptop.
32bit operating system

Has anyone ever had this issue and resolved it?
I know my way around the basics of the system settings but not sure if there is a setting I need to change.
Thanks in advance

Attachments

• image0.jpeg
    image0.jpeg
    15.5 KB · Views: 13
  • image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    90.1 KB · Views: 13

Tech21

The software doesn't support windows 7 anymore, 32 or 64 bit. Windows 7 is 100 percent end of life.

Try to right click on the .exe in the install folder and run the compatibility tool but chances are you are straight SOL on getting it installed.

There is no workaround to install software on a computer if the manufacturer of said software stopped supporting it because it means the code in the software to support it and make it work is no longer in there.

chrismol1

P25 TruCking!
When I tried to load moto software a few years ago on a win 7 I learned directory manager isn't a thing on win 7 so it won't work.

Tech21

Ignore that 2732 error and really, really read the one that pops up on your screen when trying to install the latest version of 2.0. It is bluntly and clearly telling you what the problem is. There is no workaround and it isn't a software problem. You have an unsupported hardware problem on your end.

Ignore that 2732 error and really, really read the one that pops up on your screen when trying to install the latest version of 2.0. It is bluntly and clearly telling you what the problem is. There is no workaround and it isn't a software problem. You have an unsupported hardware problem on your end.
Ok thanks for that, I was hoping it was something I could change my end but that confirms it’s not.
So windows 10 it is then for v2.138 onwards
Thanks for the quick response