• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Motorola "Shuffle"System

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
A county in my area will be rebanding and upgrading there analog Motorola Type11 trunk system to whats called the Motorola "unscanable" Shuffle system, can anyone give me a idea on why its unscanable....Thank You

SCPD

QRT
Radios that have been upgraded to be Rebanding capable are also capable of supporting the Shuffled Band Plan. The Shuffled band plan is intended to help prevent unauthorized system monitoring and access on Shuffled Band Plan enabled systems. Shuffled Band Plan shuffles all trunking numbered-channels allowed in the band plan.
Note that Shuffled Band Plan can only be enabled by the Rebanding Capable CPS program with an appropriate Advanced System Key per Trunking System. This feature is designed and implemented for Motorola 3600 Type II Trunking systems.

Astro25

Any word on when Grundy Co. plans on switching?

truffle-shuffle.jpg

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
There license (Grundy Co) for rebanding and adding possible two new freqys appeared on the ILL-Grants this week...Sources tell me this will most likely take place in the coming months....

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
Thank you for the info on the "MOTO Shuffle" system, lets hope the "Upmans" info on using the "-" polarity on the "custom band plan works, i will report back when changes in the system appear....

DonS

A PSR-500 family scanner will also handle that system. You'll just have to enter the appropriate "trunking table".

WayneH

Forums Veteran
Super Moderator
The details on how it works have been posted on the forums before. I can't recall if it was this forum or not.

So if someone is that interested do a search and you'll find it.

Status
Not open for further replies.