• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Motorola SLR5000 infrastructure converting to Capacity plus system

mkrackwood

Good day to all! Our systems is run by;

• 2x SLR5000 repeater UHF , 2x channel per repeater (slot1, 2) Single site
  • +/- 30x XPR7550e All programed with the 4 channels on it
  • 10x R7 (in progress)
Everything is Motorola.

For now we run 4 digital channel's DMR , We would like to update the system to Capacity plus (single site).

My main question is , can the SLR repeater run 2 channel per repeater or i would have to buy more SLR to have the 4x channel for the capacity system ? Also , how many talk group can we go on the single site systems ?

We would like to update because we would like to put more features on our systems as;

• Man down
  • Privacy key (activated by the user if needed)
  • Add the Wave system (near future)
  • Indoor location
  • Smart PTT console (neat future)
  • Radio inhibit
  • Phone/intercom interconnect
  • etc

Thanks in advanced for al your answers !

R8000

Very Low Battery
Premium Subscriber
You don't need to make any RF changes, you will have the same capacity, 4 timeslots.

Firebuff880

Most of what you describe is simply Code plug/Configuration work. You should PM and upgrade your Firmware at the same time, if you have not been staying current. R02.10.05 with no SUM entitlement and M2024.01 with SUM entitlement.

The issue of not being current is mostly a question of support from MSI and Features like Talker Alias and Inband PTT that only became available in later releases.

I would advise not doing this, despite their public statements that they "are no longer a Russian-owned and operated corporation". Who really knows what potential problems are hidden in the code base because of some legacy library they used?

• Unless you need a specific feature, I think the Wave PTX dispatch console is a better more cost effective solution for smaller systems.

mkrackwood

Most of what you describe is simply Code plug/Configuration work. You should PM and upgrade your Firmware at the same time, if you have not been staying current. R02.10.05 with no SUM entitlement and M2024.01 with SUM entitlement.

The issue of not being current is mostly a question of support from MSI and Features like Talker Alias and Inband PTT that only became available in later releases.

I would advise not doing this, despite their public statements that they "are no longer a Russian-owned and operated corporation". Who really knows what potential problems are hidden in the code base because of some legacy library they used?

• Unless you need a specific feature, I think the Wave PTX dispatch console is a better more cost effective solution for smaller systems.
Thank you for the advise !

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
Good day to all! Our systems is run by;

• 2x SLR5000 repeater UHF , 2x channel per repeater (slot1, 2) Single site
  • +/- 30x XPR7550e All programed with the 4 channels on it
  • 10x R7 (in progress)

My main question is , can the SLR repeater run 2 channel per repeater or i would have to buy more SLR to have the 4x channel for the capacity system ? Also , how many talk group can we go on the single site systems ?

We would like to update because we would like to put more features on our systems as;

Thanks in advanced for al your answers !
Capacity Plus does not have a control channel.

Stop thinking channels, and change that to voice paths.

In Cap+, each repeater provides 2 voice paths. With 2 repeaters, appropriately programmed to be a 2 RF channel Cap+ system, you will have 4 voice paths.

A capacity + trunk system has a talk group range of 1-255. Your radio ID range is 1->65535.

A single site system can have up to (I believe) 6 RF channels(12 voice paths)

Brad_M0JXR

Think some understanding of the difference would help you .

1-Whether on standard DMR or cap+ , your total voice call resources available remains .(In your example two repeaters SLR5500,s gives you 4 voice channels .
Where one of the benefits comes in with cap + is that you now have the resources dynamically allocated where before they were statically allocated to how the radios were configured. This brings me to the term as used in telecoms being erlang .

It is very difficult to determine erlang on statically allocated resources where shared times lots between groups or other types of calls are not constant .
As an example one needs to know exactly how user traffic is taking place , busy periods , duration of calls etc .
For the most part many do little or no pre- system analysis in this regard .

Back to cap+ , the system firstly has a registration process between radio and repeater on switch-on and periodically thereafter.
With this the now linked ( two cap+ slr5500’s) are jointly managing the “trunk controlling”.
The radios are listening to the system all the time awaiting instructions.
As calls are set up the system can move the bursting of the control channel to any time slot across the available resources.

In this way all resources are efficiently used by all talk groups.
In your example , when 4 calls are now in place the system has no more resources(timeslot ) to send the CC information .
All radios will lose connectivity except those in active voice calls.
When one of the ongoing calls are dropped, you will see that time slot send a very long burst notifying the radios that a rest channel is now active again .

It is a very efficient way of utilising available resources across user groups.
This is where the erlang is now improved dramatically as compared to standard DMR setup.