• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

XPR Motorola XPR 4350 Repeater home build

Priv8eye

Hello Everyone, I have a question in regards to a Motorola XPR 4350.. is it possible to pair up 2 of them via 26 rear pins to make a homemade repeater like the Motorolas CDM or GSM radios? been looking online but cant find any information. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks and stay safe.

ramal121

Lots and lots of watts
Premium Subscriber
Is it possible? Well yes. You will not be making a true digital repeater with those. Instead you'll be "patching" two radios together via the audio "hole". Not as nice as a true repeater because you'll be double vocoding the audio but it does work to a point. All using the accessory connector on the back of the radios. This is all assuming you will be using DMR for this.

Priv8eye

Thanks Ramal121 for answering my question… with all honesty I just wanted to build an analog repeater like the home made repeater used with the cdm1250 they have been awesome and the TX and RX repeater cables are for sale all over the internet but nothing to build a XPR but thanks to you I know now it’s possible just need to figured out what pin goes with what pin and put it all together. I really appreciate your help thanks.🙏

Priv8eye

XPR can be used for an analog repeater. Built a few. Just order the acessory kit and build your cable.
Hello, thanks for the help, could you tell me where can I buy the necessary equipment to make a repeater? been searching all over the net and cant find anything to pair the xpr 4350 together any help its appreciated.

jeepsandradios

Feed Provider
You need 2 of these kits and some wire. Read the manual and you will find what needs programmed and what pins to use. You dont need anything more than that for a basic repeater. If want bells and whistles then you need a controller.

Priv8eye

Thats awesome thank you so much..ordering now really appreciated it. HAve a blessed week and stay safe.

Jeepsandradios, could you tell me what controller you recommend for the 2 xpr 4350 to make into a repeater? cant figure out the pins and a might be easier to just buy a controller... Thanks for your help.

Im still trying to figure out the xpr 4350 and how to pin the RX and TX together.. do you by any chance know someone that I could paid for them to make me some cable?