Motorolla Type II and FM for trunking

Status
Not open for further replies.

JLFINTX

I am still really new to this but here is my situation and my question:

I have a R.S Pro 97 and bought the Win 97 software to use to program it. Many of the frequencies that I am tuning into are Motorolla Type II, but when you look at the frequencies they indicate FM. My question is if I want to tune those in along with their trunking systems, on the Channels window for Win 97 do I pick at the top-Mot and then for the frequency do I chose FM or Mot?

I am confused because I put the Trunk information down below in the left lower area, but the frequencies being indicated on the database as FM instead of MO is throwing me for a loop.

Does it even matter with a Motorolla Type II?

SCPD

QRT
Moto II is Moto II, FM Is Conventional , Not trunked. left side is where you enter all the frequencies, then SET the MODE to MO or whatever is applicable in your case .set each ch that is MO to MO etc in the RX mode in the column next to where you enter the frequency which you are trying monitor, Also set Bank to MO if that is what the trunking calls for. for the Conventional just choose FM or a pl/DPL tone if listed

JLFINTX

mot vs fm

Thanks, that is kind of what I thought i should do but was not sure. I am fixing it now and going to see how it works out.

Status
Not open for further replies.