MotoTRBO Group Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

bearcat

Still works perfect for me.

I had two Cap+ systems using the same system QK.
I made 3 channels/departments in both systems using the same QK 15, 16 and 17.
I select to turn off channel/department 16. It says OFF in the display and indicates with a star.
I read the scanner and check both systems QK status for the channels/departments. They both are unchecked in 16, and 15 and 17 are checked.

I turn off and on in different ways for 15, 16 and 17 and it always indicate correctly both ON and OFF as a response and the D1: stars.
I even tried to trick it and set channels 15 and 17 off in one system and 16 off in the other system in Sentinel and programmed the scanner. But it handled that as well and when read both systems where equal with 15 and 17 off.

In my scanner the channels/departments go on and off in sync in both systems, as one would expect.

/Ubbe
Yes they do turn ON/OFF based on the D1*. Watch the screen when you type x.x.xx=ON. I bet I shows ON only. Even though they do turn OFF

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
You cannot use the same system number for two different systems. That is what is causing the problem. You could end up for example with 5.1.16 being OFF in one system and ON in the other system.

You can use the same number for 2 different systems. In fact, our state police are on 3 different systems, Conventional vhf, trunked 800mhz, and p25 trunked. I use the same system quick key for all 3 . So when I type 50.09, all 3 systems load up. And since I did not reuse any of the department quick keys, I am able to control what I want to hear pretty easily.

Our Fire is mostly conventional. But our counties Department of Fire, Rescue and Emergency Services is on 800mhz trunked. Same thing, fav list 50, system 1 turns on conv vhf and trunked system. In the vhf , the depts are numbered 1 thru 14. In the trunked system, its one talk group and its dept is 0. So those too can easily be controlled.

The issue I was having was for systems that did not share a system quick key.

I cleared user data and formatted the sd card via sdformatter, then wrote back to the radio. My scanner is good now.

Ubbe

Yes they do turn ON/OFF based on the D1*. Watch the screen when you type x.x.xx=ON. I bet I shows ON only. Even though they do turn OFF

I clearly wrote that the display show both ON and OFF when it should.
I had attached a file with my two system you could try on a spare FL. It is systems 21 and channels 15-16-17.

/Ubbe

Status
Not open for further replies.