• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

MOTOTRBO Trunking

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

N_Jay

I could be mistaken, but I believe they already have a TRBO trunking system out.
Yes, you could be mistaken.
No, I was correct.

Ya know, N_Jay, you sure do think you know alot. And you do so in a rude way.

But perhaps everyone else already knew that.

Really??:confused:

Motorola, Inc. - Motorola Announces New Features for MOTOTRBO(TM) and Launches CP185(TM) Commercial Radio at IWCE

MOTOTRBO expands voice and data communications with Capacity Plus

Motorola continues to build on the future-facing MOTOTRBO Professional Digital Two-way Radio System with the launch of Capacity Plus, a single-site trunking solution that provides access for up to eight voice channels and availability of additional channels for data communications on a MOTOTRBO system. Unlike some trunking solutions, Capacity Plus does not require the use of a controller in order to operate, which means lower equipment costs for users.

Capacity Plus also supports the Repeater Diagnostics and Control application enabling users to monitor and manage their system remotely. Capacity Plus is scheduled to ship this summer.

"Capacity Plus expands the capacity of both voice and data communications, which helps to increase business productivity without the cost of acquiring additional channels," said Paul Cizek, Motorola director of North America Professional/Commercial Radios. "This is the ideal solution for users whose business operates at a single site with a large number of users needing voice and data communication."

ILMRadioMan

Current MotoTRBO configurations can be sold as analog trunking systems.

You can quote articles all you want to, but perhaps you should go directly to the manufacturer.

N

N_Jay

Current MotoTRBO configurations can be sold as analog trunking systems.

You can quote articles all you want to, but perhaps you should go directly to the manufacturer.

Now you are really stretching the point.

Yes, MotoTRBO equipment works in other modes, and some may be trunking,
BUT,
That is not a MotoTRBO trunking system.

That is like saying OpenSky "is" P25 or OpenSky "is" EDACS, because the field equipment have those modes.

Now, why don't you just admit you were wrong before you make yourself look more like a fool.

ILMRadioMan

Now you are really stretching the point.

Yes, MotoTRBO equipment works in other modes, and some may be trunking,
BUT,
That is not a MotoTRBO trunking system.

That is like saying OpenSky "is" P25 or OpenSky "is" EDACS, because the field equipment have those modes.

Now, why don't you just admit you were wrong before you make yourself look more like a fool.

#1 Because you are rude.

#2 Because you are wrong.

I will let it be now, but you need to do some research.

N

N_Jay

#1 Because you are rude.
And that does not change the facts, no matter how badly you wish it did.

#2 Because you are wrong.
I think not.
Motorola has not started regular shipments of MotoTRBO trunking systems.

I will let it be now, but you need to do some research.
I did, and none of it contradicts what I have said, and much contradicts your assertions.
MOTOTRBO Professional Digital Two-Way Radio System - Motorola USA
MOTOTRBO

Please feel free to point me to a link or other authoritative source if I am mistaken.

We are all entitled to our own opinions, just not our own facts. I will gladly yield to the presentation of facts.

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
Gotta come to ILMRadioMan's defense on this one...especially since I found THIS GEM while surfing online recently...amazing what you can find powerpoint wise when you search long enough on the interwebs :)

Oh and for the record I am rude, crude and uncivilized as well. :cool:
Happy Monitoring!
Marshall KE4ZNR

N

N_Jay

Gotta come to ILMRadioMan's defense on this one
OK

. . .especially since I found THIS GEM while surfing online recently
Very interesting. It agrees 100% with what I have been saying.

LTR and PassPort Tunking operation are provided by an OPTION BOARD that is NOT sold by Motorola.

Motorola Trunking to be released 2nd half 2009. (If they happen to be on time)

..amazing what you can find powerpoint wise when you search long enough on the interwebs :)
Yes! And it as amazing how it can be misunderstood and used to bolster misunderstandings and false arguments.

Oh and for the record I am rude, crude and uncivilized as well. :cool:
Good man!!!! :twisted:

Sorry Wayne.
Did not mean to keep it going, but at least it is (mostly) on topic.

BTW, great find Marshall.
Often the sales training material is better then the direct sales material.

Last edited:
N

N_Jay

. . . . Its here, . . . .

OK, (I don't want to argue about the realities of your world):wink:

Just to be clear, since by your definition Analog LTR "is" MotorTRBO trunking, then the answer to the OP is: "Its already done", right?:roll:

Now, that you very much for helping him with his issue.
(and wrapping it up directly on-topic by addressing the OP) :lol::twisted::lol:

hlferg

Mototrbo Trunking

I see a lot of misunderstandings concerning Mototrbo trunking. It is a different format than LTR. LTR is a home chan. based system, talk groups look for a pre-programmed home chan. for system access . Mototrbo uses a rest chan./digital slot for system access. The radio sits on an un-occupied random chan/slot and waits for activity. If the activity is not intended for it's talk group the radio moves to the next open chan/slot. I does not use a system controller either like privacy plus either, so all channels can be used for activity. I know this is basic, but I hope it gives a better picture of the system.

dsheli

Does anyone have the updated system planner pdf that include capacity plus and how to program it?
David

kalafoyi

N_Jay I am assuming just from your adolesent comments, you are maybe still in high school?

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
N_Jay I am assuming just from your adolesent comments, you are maybe still in high school?

Actually the term is correctly spelled adolescent.

Other than that I am just going to pull up my popcorn and sit back
and watch where this thread goes from here as it is bound to be entertaining.
popcorn.gif

Marshall KE4ZNR

Status
Not open for further replies.