• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

mounting scanner and cb

Status
Not open for further replies.

scannernut09

Ok for christmas i got an 2006 four door dodge ram. I am wondering how do i mount my cb and scanner cause they r both 2 big to fit in the cubby holes in the dash, and my other question is wat is the best way to run the coax cables 2 my antennas which are on my toolbox.

bluesky7367

You have several options depending on where you would prefer to install. I am in the process of mounting my cb ,scanner and hardrive in my console. This has taken some time due to working with fiberglass, but there are numerous ways you could go about it to keep things hidden from thieves/goblins.

SCPD

QRT
No Smoking

Ok for christmas i got an 2006 four door dodge ram. I am wondering how do i mount my cb and scanner cause they r both 2 big to fit in the cubby holes in the dash, and my other question is wat is the best way to run the coax cables 2 my antennas which are on my toolbox.

Are you a smoker? Many times I have removed the ashtray from a vehicle, and mounted a radio where it went. Usually they remove quite easily. And where they were mounted generally make a sturdy place to mount a bracket.

freqs

One thing you need to do is if you are mounting the antenna's on the toolbox you will need to ground the antenna's to get a better match .

SteveC0625

Order of the Golden Dino since 1972
Premium Subscriber

A picture or two is really helpful. If your cb and scanner are large, mounting options change. Smaller models can be mounted differently.

If your toolbox is the typical cross-bed style, I'd route the cables down along the chassis and bring them up by the firewall, driver's side. There is usually a large rubber grommet there that already has a bunch of harnesses and such going into the cab. It's the perfect place to route wiring for a simple install.

I also recommend you encase the antenna cables in loom anywhere it is exposed. In your case, you'd loom from the tool box all the way to the rubber grommet on the firewall. Loom comes in various sizes and can be picked up at Radio Shack and most auto parts stores. Basically, loom is corrugated, thin plastic tubing that is slit lengthwise so it can be placed over wire or wires to protect them. Looks like this:
630923.jpg

Normally, I'd suggest you check out eLightbars.org for tons of info about vehicle installs of all types, but they're down for an unknown length of time.

Another great resource is: Car Alarm, Car Stereo, Mobile Video, and Cruise Control Info for Installers

scannernut09

Hey thanks for the info been busy with trying to get the corn out of the still and other things. Well what i did was that i took a piece of wood and laid it down on the floor and another piece and divided the scanner and cd and laid it on the floor were the middle of the font seat is. I put the cb in the back so that it would not scratch up the cup holder and the scanner up front. I got the antenna cable running through the cab, and along the inside of the door. I will have pics tomorrow to show you guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.