Moving NXDN and DMR activation from one SDS100 to another.

Status
Not open for further replies.

nessnet

Premium Subscriber
Hoping one of you Uniden guys can help me out.

I have two SDS100s. One has both NXDN and DMR activated.
I'd like to move these over to the other SDS100.

Best way to do this?
My Uniden login is the same as my RR username.

Also, I sold my 436 and it had ProVoice and DMR activated.
The 436 is still under my name on the website.
I'd like to transfer to new owner, if possible.

Thanks!!!

Last edited:

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Just delete it from your account. New owner can register it if desired (but no reason to if upgrades are already applied).

dfw1193

That is unfortunate....
Thanks for the response Paul, even though it was not what I wanted.

What about transferring ownership of that 436 to the new owner?

But wait KEYS ARE UNIQUE to the SCANNER so once paid for they should remain with the scanner since they are s/n related. If I were doing it I would create a different uniden account and one by one delete and re-register all of my scanners on the new account except for the one I am selling then delete them all except the one I am selling on the old account and give the old account info to the person I was selling it to. The KEY is already paid for, and attached to the s/n of the scanner so it should be a 1 time payment for the key for the life of the unit its attached to.

Uniden only pays the royalty fee 1 time for each key so why should they expect to collect fees for a key thats attached to a scanner by S/N more than once?

W5RGP

But wait KEYS ARE UNIQUE to the SCANNER so once paid for they should remain with the scanner since they are s/n related. If I were doing it I would create a different uniden account and one by one delete and re-register all of my scanners on the new account except for the one I am selling then delete them all except the one I am selling on the old account and give the old account info to the person I was selling it to. The KEY is already paid for, and attached to the s/n of the scanner so it should be a 1 time payment for the key for the life of the unit its attached to.

Uniden only pays the royalty fee 1 time for each key so why should they expect to collect fees for a key thats attached to a scanner by S/N more than once?
the key stays with scanner new owner can register it but they wont have to buy the keys again

N9JIG

Sheriff

They won't have to buy the keys again, the upgrade stays with the radio, not the owner. If you have a radio with one of the upgrades and sell the radio the upgrade stays with the radio. As said before the new owner may register it if they want but unless they are going to add another upgrade not already in the radio there is no need.

Reactions: RRR

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Hoping one of you Uniden guys can help me out.

I have two SDS100s. One has both NXDN and DMR activated.
I'd like to move these over to the other SDS100.

Best way to do this?

I don't understand what you are trying to accomplish here... you have 2 identical portable radios, 1 with additional features. Just switch them around! Why would you need to transfer features?

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
So what about the guy that buys a 436 with upgrades and has to have a board replacement like the backlight and clock fix. Now the new owner would not have the key and would have to rebuy the keys to get what he already had.

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Surely if a radio comes in with features activated and the board has to be replaced.. they would reactivate the features before sending it back out.

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
https://forums.radioreference.com/t...p-repair-campaign.321603/page-81#post-2944368
Jun 7, 2018
#1,609

436 the main logic board is completely replaced. 536 repair is different.

We reflash the new board with the original ESN, but don't reapply keys.

Put a note for the tech about the DMR key. He'll verify the original upgrade and email me for the key and I'll make one (I do this on average a few times a week). In the odd chance that I'm not able to be reached immediately it could delay return (not usual, but I've had a few surprises in the last year that have resulted in some unexpected absences...there is a backup plan but usually he'll wait a day to get my reply before activating the backup).

Uniden "Big Daddy" Product Ninja

W5RGP

So what about the guy that buys a 436 with upgrades and has to have a board replacement like the backlight and clock fix. Now the new owner would not have the key and would have to rebuy the keys to get what he already had.

I had that happen I bought a used 436 with dmr I got with upman before sending unit in he was able to verify the key from the esn or serial number they replaced the board and added dmr I think they flashed the new board with the old esn or something

But it had dmr when I got it back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

W5RGP

https://forums.radioreference.com/t...p-repair-campaign.321603/page-81#post-2944368
Jun 7, 2018
#1,609

436 the main logic board is completely replaced. 536 repair is different.

We reflash the new board with the original ESN, but don't reapply keys.

Put a note for the tech about the DMR key. He'll verify the original upgrade and email me for the key and I'll make one (I do this on average a few times a week). In the odd chance that I'm not able to be reached immediately it could delay return (not usual, but I've had a few surprises in the last year that have resulted in some unexpected absences...there is a backup plan but usually he'll wait a day to get my reply before activating the backup).

Uniden "Big Daddy" Product Ninja

Lol looks like you quoted UPMan’s post to me before I sent radio in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.