Plan on having several 536’s and 2 436’s working that entire system
I live about 1 mile away from the Charlotte tower site
But plan on spending some time in Humphrey’s county as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

W5RGP

Please see the following link for details:

BCDx36HP Repair Campaign

Paul,

I just filled out the form for my last 2 536's and my last 436 listing all 3 on same page
will i receive 1 shipping label or 3 ?
Reason asking i want to go ahead and get them packed and didn't know if i needed 1 big box
or 3 smaller box's

and all 3 are also affected by the very dim screen do i need to make a note and tape it to each unit

also 1 536 has an issue at times with the function knob not clicking depending on where it is turned
can i list that and have that looked at or replaced on my dime of course?

if that unit took a little longer to get fixed before they could all be shipped back together that's fine also

Thanks

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
It will save us a little money if you ship to us in one box (even if you get 3 labels). Include the other labels in the box. Also, tape a note to each scanner with any issues other than display dim or clock battery (but ensure that all units have at least one of those issues.

If the problem would normally be resolved in the course of the backlight/battery fix, then there would be no charge for the problem. If it is completely separate (like maybe cracked display lens or something) then there would likely be a charge for the additional part of the repair.

W5RGP

It will save us a little money if you ship to us in one box (even if you get 3 labels). Include the other labels in the box. Also, tape a note to each scanner with any issues other than display dim or clock battery (but ensure that all units have at least one of those issues.

If the problem would normally be resolved in the course of the backlight/battery fix, then there would be no charge for the problem. If it is completely separate (like maybe cracked display lens or something) then there would likely be a charge for the additional part of the repair.

Ok thanks yes all 3 will be shipped together then and all 3 have the same clock and display issues

So the only one I need to put a note on is the 536 with the function knob issue?

Also I just got my last 436 back a week or so ago and had to re enter the keys for dmr and nxdn I didn’t have to do that with the last 536 I sent back for clock and display issues I guess they replaced the whole board or something in the 436’s ? But it had the same serial number when it came back

I bought the 436 I’m about to send back from a friend and already had dmr I bought the nxdn upgrade the other night under my myuniden account so I will have a nxdn key to re enter

He doesn’t have access to the dmr key anymore so when I get this 436 back is there anyway they will be able to send me the key that is currently in the 436 for dmr or will I have to re purchase it under my myuniden account

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
436 the main logic board is completely replaced. 536 repair is different.

We reflash the new board with the original ESN, but don't reapply keys.

Put a note for the tech about the DMR key. He'll verify the original upgrade and email me for the key and I'll make one (I do this on average a few times a week). In the odd chance that I'm not able to be reached immediately it could delay return (not usual, but I've had a few surprises in the last year that have resulted in some unexpected absences...there is a backup plan but usually he'll wait a day to get my reply before activating the backup).

W5RGP

Ok thank you very much
I’ll get them shipped out within a day or 2 of getting the label emailed

I’m an over the road truck driver and sometimes getting into a ups store with a 53 foot trailer is a bit of a challenge lol

stingray327

I have a Uniden BCD 436 and it cannot retain the date settings, date, day, year and time.
I follow instructions per screen on scanner. For a short period it retains the information but afterwards it goes back into this mode. Is this the current method/ recall to get this problem fixed?
It has become so annoying that I am considering selling it.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
I have a Uniden BCD 436 and it cannot retain the date settings, date, day, year and time.
I follow instructions per screen on scanner. For a short period it retains the information but afterwards it goes back into this mode. Is this the current method/ recall to get this problem fixed?
It has become so annoying that I am considering selling it.

Look at the first post in the Repair Campaign sticky in the Uniden Tech Support forum for instructions.

W5RGP

Minus shipping charges?

Shipping is free
You will get an email when they want you to ship
Click link on email to generate a ups shipping label

Stick label on box drop it off at ups store

I’m getting ready to send my last 2 536’s and last 436 in tomorrow just got label today

It took them about a week to get my 436 in and out about a month ago they are quick

Status
Not open for further replies.