MPSCS setup

Radioguy789

Hello, I am from Ontario, will be in Sault Ste Marie Ontario on Thursday and will have my BCD996P2 with me and just wondering what all I need to enter into it, to monitor this system, other than the 800 MHz Trunking Freq's.

Let me know.

Thanks

drdispatch

What's the frequency, Kenneth?
Premium Subscriber
You'll want the talkgroups for Chippewa County and Michigan State Police District 8. You may also want the talkgroups for the Soo Locks. Those are listed on the MPSCS page under "U.S. Army Corps of Engineers".
As far as towers go, I would suggest the Sault Ste. Marie and Sugar Island sites, and *maybe* the Raco site.
If you want to listen to fire & EMS, you'll need some conventional frequencies from this page:

Radioguy789

Ok thanks.

And I was looking at how to set it up in my scanner like do I just enter in the 2 main control channels for this system or do I need to enter in the voice channels as well. And any other stuff to enter in like a band plan similar to what we use here for Fleetnet in Ontario or nothing like that. And do I enter it in as a P25 standard Trunking system.

drdispatch

What's the frequency, Kenneth?
Premium Subscriber
Are you using the Sentinel software? If so, you can append the departments and talkgroups you want into a Favorites List. You then can avoid or delete the sites you don't need. You don't have to concern yourself with bandplan or anything like that, because the software takes care of that.
And yes, MPSCS is a P25 system.

Radioguy789

Ok and I am using ARC XT PRO to program my BCD996P2.

So I just enter in everything manually, into the program.

So just need to know how to set it up using this software

smithken

Premium Subscriber
Are you using the Sentinel software? If so, you can append the departments and talkgroups you want into a Favorites List. You then can avoid or delete the sites you don't need. You don't have to concern yourself with bandplan or anything like that, because the software takes care of that.
And yes, MPSCS is a P25 system.
As far as I know Sentinel doesn't work with a BCD996P2.

Radioguy789

Ok thanks. So don’t need to enter in the voice channels, just the main & alternate control channel(s) and set it as P25 Standard and that is it, then put it in ID Search mode and let the scanner do the rest.