MSHP Change Over..

Status
Not open for further replies.

btritch

Just A Quick Question, I know it's been mentioned on here before awhile back BUT I've not heard the subject brought up in awhile, Just out of curiosity does anyone know when or have an idea when The Missouri Highway Patrol plans to migrate off or away from the present Low band system to another band? I think it was 700/800 Range... Just wondering if anyone else has heard any updates on this, They're Hush hush around the bootheel area about it. I can't find out anything, Anyone else heard anything?

shaft

I read an article about a month ago about it, it seems the state politics came into play on the bidding and is being re-evaluated. So It doesnt seem like its going to be anytime soon before we see any new gear out there.

iamhere300

1, No "bidding" has taken place for a statewide system.
2. 700/800 is NOT being considered for a statewide system.
3. http://www.dps.mo.gov/homelandsecurity/Communications.htm
4. The hybrid system that the SIEC is pursueing seems to me to be a valid
plan. The SIEC has worked hard to come up with a plan that works for both the
urban and rural areas of the state, and I personally feel that when all factors are
weighed, this plan will work. It gets just a bit cludgy around the urban/rural line, but
all in all I think it will work.

At the appropiations committee hearing it was pointed out that unlike many statewide
systems, it will be an open system (Different manufacturers will be able to make radios
for it) and it will have NO SUBSCRIBER FEES! It was stated by (I Believe) director James that the system would be so robust, so easy to utilize, that end users would WANT to use the system.

It is going to start out with MTAC base stations being deployed - I am bit leary of that part of the plan, but the actual statewide system should be very nice.

iamhere300

No idea on when the statewide system will take place - years IMHO.

Control channels are far into the future.

The remote MTAC stations are merely going to be simplex base stations
connected back to regional dispatch centers on the MTAC channels.

Status
Not open for further replies.