MSP Talk Group Swapping

Status
Not open for further replies.

gg750

I know, another MSP thread....:roll:

I have a question about a couple of District 7 MSP talk groups that I was hoping someone might be able to answer. They have 2 TGs that they use most, 4019 - District 7 LEIN and 4035 - District 7 West Dispatch. I've noticed that for about a week, all D7 units will use 4035 for all operations (traffic stops, LEIN work, checking in/out of service, etc.). Then after about a week, they switch to 4019 and do everything from that TG. A week or so later they move back to 4035 and so on and so on. They do this for no appearant reason.

Has anyone else noticed this and does anyone know why they do this? It doesn't make sense to me, but perhaps there's a reason that I'm not considering.

Thanks!

G

Last edited:

ffemtjg

A lot of times I have seen them patched together. I believe that 4019 is actually listed wrong. Station 70(MSP Dist 7 Dispatch) in Gaylord refers to it as 7 East. I believe they did an east-west split versus north-south because of the district layout. Dist 7 basically covers everything from M55 north to the bridge.

Thunderbolt

Global Database Administrator
hazard78 said:
maybe its the way there patched together at the console

This makes complete sense and District 2 down here in the Detroit area does it all the time at night. Apparently, they were short a few dispatchers in the past few weeks, since they have been up in Lansing undergoing training. Hopefully, when staffing levels return to normal, the patches will go away.

73's

Ron

bigbluemsp

hazard78 said:
maybe its the way there patched together at the console

just a thought

Hows that D7 and D8 list I compiled for you working out?

Yes Dispatchers patch the Tgs together when one dispatcher is on break.

D2 dispatchers will patch the Post 24/27 and 21 Post Tgs together at 2300 every night till 0700 each morning due to less staff on the radio/phones.

You will also see from time to time D3 N get patched to D7 or D7 patched to D8 for repairs on the system.

gg750

ffemtjg said:
A lot of times I have seen them patched together. I believe that 4019 is actually listed wrong. Station 70(MSP Dist 7 Dispatch) in Gaylord refers to it as 7 East. I believe they did an east-west split versus north-south because of the district layout. Dist 7 basically covers everything from M55 north to the bridge.

Station 70 (District 7 HQ) is in Traverse City, as is Post 71

I actually have them tagged in my scanner as east and west. Sometimes I do notice that Posts 72, 73, 74 and 75 (all east of I-75) work off 4019 and 71, 76, 77, 78 and 79 (all west of I-75) will work off 4035, but this is rare and it's usually either one or the other.

bigbluemsp

gg750 said:
Station 70 (District 7 HQ) is in Traverse City, as is Post 71

I actually have them tagged in my scanner as east and west. Sometimes I do notice that Posts 72, 73, 74 and 75 (all east of I-75) work off 4019 and 71, 76, 77, 78 and 79 (all west of I-75) will work off 4035, but this is rare and it's usually either one or the other.

The dispatch centers are called Stations not the HQ buildings.

Station 70 is the Dispatch center in Gaylord which also hosts Station 30 the District 3 dispatch after closing the old Station 30 in Bridgeport.

gg750

bigbluemsp said:
The dispatch centers are called Stations not the HQ buildings.

Station 70 is the Dispatch center in Gaylord which also hosts Station 30 the District 3 dispatch after closing the old Station 30 in Bridgeport.

Is the MSP boundry map on their website out of date? It still shows Station 70 in Traverse City. All it shows in Gaylord is Post 73. I thought the HQ building in TC was Station 70...at least that's what I always assumed. :confused:

ffemtjg

Dist HQ and Post 71 are both in TC. Actually the Dist HQ is out in Williamsburg, but Station 70(Dispatchers) are co-located with Otsego Co 911 in a building across the street from Post 73 in Gaylord.

bigbluemsp

ffemtjg said:
Dist HQ and Post 71 are both in TC. Actually the Dist HQ is out in Williamsburg, but Station 70(Dispatchers) are co-located with Otsego Co 911 in a building across the street from Post 73 in Gaylord.

Correct and per a MSP Dispatcher the HQ's are Posts. So D7 HQ is Post 70 not Station 70

bigbluemsp

So if you hear a car call in as lets say 2074 thats a Post 20/District 2 HQ car. However the Districts do have some cars but as it's told to me the cars that come out of HQ are special enforcement/task cars. You will hear them from time to time targeting certain things especially in the 2nd District.

If you ever hear like 7301 call in then that is the Post Lt. The Posts also have car numbers with the 01 suffix but they will be called by either a Phonetic Letter or a higher number like in the 3rd district the troop driving 3801 will go by his/her own set number like 3841 instead of 3801 which would be a Lt.

All regional dispatch MSP centers are called Stations and are 10, 20, 30, 50, 60, 70 and 80. No 40 since the 4th District was eliminated in the last reorg efforts of the early 1990's.

All District HQ's are still called Posts which will end in 0's like the following.

Post 10- Lansing HQ
Post 20- Northville
Post 30- Saginaw HQ
Post 50- Paw Paw HQ
Post 60- Grand Rapids HQ
Post 70- Williamsburg HQ (near TC)
Post 80- Marquette HQ

There is a Post 90 but it isn't a HQ its just a regular patrol post which is in Calumet.

Dispatch Centers are in the following areas.

Station 10- Lansing
Station 20- Detroit (AKA Metro Dispatch)
Station 30- Gaylord with Station 70
Station 50- Paw Paw
Station 60- Rockford
Station 70- Gaylord (houses also Station 30)
Station 80- Negaunee

Hope this helps you out somewhat.

Thanks to Mike for correcting 50 & 60

Last edited:

MetroMike

bigbluemsp said:
Dispatch Centers are in the following areas.

Station 50- I will find this one out.
Station 60- Grand Rapids (don't quote me on this for sure)

Station 50 is in Paw Paw, and Station 60 is in Rockford (just north of Grand Rapids).

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.