• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

MT 2000 programming/ compatibility

Status
Not open for further replies.

retrowbridge

I have a Motorola MT 2000 that I would like to program to the Little Rock Public Safety System. (Little Rock, Arkansas) According to Radio Referece.com this is a type IIi system. Will my radio accept this programming scheme? How difficult will it be to program this radio? I'm not computer illiterate, but I'm certainly only a novice user. What software do I need to get in order to do the program. The only services I really want to program is MEMS (the EMS system) and Little Rock PD. Any ideas, help, or suggestion would really be appreciated. Below is the system information I have that my be useful

System Name: Little Rock Public Safety
County: Pulaski
System Type: Motorola Type IIi Hybrid
System Voice: Analog
Last Updated: Added Talkgroup 44019 County Fireground 2
Hits: 9253

System ID List

System ID Connect Tone
2b03 138.46
System Fleetmap

Type B0 B1 B2 B3 B4 B5 B6 B7
Mot 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 D
TT S0 S0 S0 S0 S0 S0 S0 S4

N4DES

Retired 0598 Czar ÆS Ø
I have a Motorola MT 2000 that I would like to program to the Little Rock Public Safety System. (Little Rock, Arkansas) According to Radio Referece.com this is a type IIi system. Will my radio accept this programming scheme? How difficult will it be to program this radio? I'm not computer illiterate, but I'm certainly only a novice user. What software do I need to get in order to do the program. The only services I really want to program is MEMS (the EMS system) and Little Rock PD. Any ideas, help, or suggestion would really be appreciated. Below is the system information I have that my be useful

System Name: Little Rock Public Safety
County: Pulaski
System Type: Motorola Type IIi Hybrid
System Voice: Analog
Last Updated: Added Talkgroup 44019 County Fireground 2
Hits: 9253

System ID List

System ID Connect Tone
2b03 138.46
System Fleetmap

Type B0 B1 B2 B3 B4 B5 B6 B7
Mot 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 D
TT S0 S0 S0 S0 S0 S0 S0 S4

Even without knowing what the band or flash of your radio there is no way to know if your radio will accept the programming.

Putting that aside, what you are proposing is illegal in many states and you might want to read this....

http://batboard.batlabs.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=59617

Mark

retrowbridge

MT 2000 Programming Compatibility

A very interesting reply. Perhaps I should add all the extra information. I work for the EMS service (who's name I will leave out now that I see this isn't as cut and dry as I thought it would be.) and we do a lot with PD. I spoke to a supervisor about my situation and was told that a lot of people have personal radios (mostly star team, bike medics, and the such) that they carry with them, but I would have to get permission and authorization if my radio would even work on the system. I didn't want to look foolish going into the office without any information so I thought I would research it here. If it isn't compatible then I was going to put it on Ebay and turf it, but if it did work then I was going to keep it and move on. I asked about programming it because I saw that other people were doing it and I thought it would be something interesting to try. I didn't realize it was a network, authorization, secret squirrel kind of thing that could get me thrown in jail for computer hacking. I just thought I would get a letter of authorization and go to town.

Moving on, how do I check the software etc... in order to check it's compatibility?

10-95

A very interesting reply. Perhaps I should add all the extra information. I work for the EMS service (who's name I will leave out now that I see this isn't as cut and dry as I thought it would be.) and we do a lot with PD. I spoke to a supervisor about my situation and was told that a lot of people have personal radios (mostly star team, bike medics, and the such) that they carry with them, but I would have to get permission and authorization if my radio would even work on the system. I didn't want to look foolish going into the office without any information so I thought I would research it here. If it isn't compatible then I was going to put it on Ebay and turf it, but if it did work then I was going to keep it and move on. I asked about programming it because I saw that other people were doing it and I thought it would be something interesting to try. I didn't realize it was a network, authorization, secret squirrel kind of thing that could get me thrown in jail for computer hacking. I just thought I would get a letter of authorization and go to town.

Moving on, how do I check the software etc... in order to check it's compatibility?

Simple solution, take the radio with a charged battery and vist the System Administrator of the system in question. In the end , it's up to him who is on the system. If he wants you on it, he'll grant permission and program the radio correctly so you can operate on the system. Of course , if your radio will not support operation the system then it's a no-go anyway.

Good luck!

N4DES

Retired 0598 Czar ÆS Ø

Thanks for the clarification.....it would be best to contact the System Admin. in this case.

RKG

Without denigrating from the prior responses, which are wise, the answer to your question is that an MT2000 will do Type IIi systems. They are programmable only with the DOS-based MTSX RSS, which must be run on a native DOS system (not on a so-called "DOS Window" under any flavor of Windows). For this reason, and because the MTSX RSS is not intuitive when it comes to programming trunked systems, you would be well advised to have someone experienced in this field program your radio for you.

One problem you're likely to find, though, is that your system administrator may be familiar only with CPS (MTS2000, XTS) and not have the tools required for the MTSX implementation.

Status
Not open for further replies.