Mt. Evans

Status
Not open for further replies.

CharlieKe

Does anyone know if rangers and anyone else working the Mt. Evans area use any channels other than the USFS freqs and digital TGs listed? Of course public safety comms are Clear Creek. I am looking for Mt. Evans specific stuff if there is anything.

tbiggums

169.875 direct and repeated off Squaw Mountain has most of the Mt. Evans traffic. I believe the Squaw repeater transmits a 110.9 tone, but I'd listen in without a tone as the direct traffic may not use a tone. 164.100 is the Arapaho National Forest "work net" direct channel, so there might be some traffic on it, as well.

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
Don't forget CDOT also as they maintain the road and seem to often be reporting incidents and accidents more that the USFS Rangers.

Jim<

CharlieKe

Thanks guys. If anyone is interested there is a Mini Cooper "event' this weekend in Winter Park with over 200 Minis expected, and with several planned "rides" today through Sunday including a Saturday night ride from Winter Park to the top of Mount Evans. We own one of the new Mini four wheel drive Countrymans and plan to participate. If you happen to see a gray Mini Countryman with a gray carrier on top out this weekend it is probably us. Car-to-car comms during the rides will be FRS 7-21.

hpycmpr

Here are four federal simplex channels that are used country wide and commonly used by USFS, BLM, and NPS in the west for many different purposes:

FED CMN 1 163.100000
FED CMN 2 168.350000
FED CMN 3 167.950000
FED CMN 4 163.712500

I believe these are mobile/portable only. The nomenclature is mine.

Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.