Mt Washington

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dispatrick

Premium Subscriber
about 3 years ago i went to Mt.Washington NH for vacation. it is one of the best places to listen for dx and skip because it is 6288 feet tall!!! i wish i would have kept a log of what i listened to but to name a few things i heard a lot of french including Enviorment Canada stations and misc. stuff from Canada.also i heard a truck driver on a CB frequency saying to another driver he was entering Vermont from NY state ! its def a great place to visit. I recommend to anyone who enjoys listening to DX and skip.

ScanDaBands

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
PGMAN89 said:
about 3 years ago i went to Mt.Washington NH for vacation. it is one of the best places to listen for dx and skip because it is 6288 feet tall!!! i wish i would have kept a log of what i listened to but to name a few things i heard a lot of french including Enviorment Canada stations and misc. stuff from Canada.also i heard a truck driver on a CB frequency saying to another driver he was entering Vermont from NY state ! its def a great place to visit. I recommend to anyone who enjoys listening to DX and skip.

I lived in Winslow,ME for a while and I'll never forget there was a man that stayed up there in the Winter Time - talk about brass you know whats - unreal man that guy was up there with the wind chills at 40-50 (of course worse sometimes) below zero. Yabba dabba like frozen city .................:lol:

N1BHH

Wind speeds on "The Mount" can reach 150 mph and that's normal, being up in the jet stream. I was up there for a weekend when a friend was working up there and it was during the early fall. There was about 5 inches of snow on the ground, but 4 inches of ice on everything. The temperature was 10. They have to go out every few hours to knock the ice off the instruments, and have to be tethered. This particular time the winds were 60-70 and gusting to 100, so needless to say it wasn't too bad. Next day was sunny and 45 and we went down the mountain on the Snow Cat. Wild night on "The Mount."

Status
Not open for further replies.