• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Mt1000

Status
Not open for further replies.

GKolo

I am looking at buying a MT1000 (vhf 16 channel) off that popular online auction site, When i started in police work along time ago we had the MT1000's and i loved them because it was a simple easy to use durable radio.
Are there any places that do programming for a reasonable price ? I really cant justify buying the cable and a old computer just to program it once, Besides that i bet i would screw it up...lol
I am going back into police work part time and want my own radio that i know will work, Not something that has 700 buttons and will go dead 3 hours into a shift.

If anyone has a source for the radio and or programming let me know, I cant afford to spend alot on one and would like to use PayPal to buy it.

Thank You

SteveC0625

Order of the Golden Dino since 1972
Premium Subscriber
The MT1000 won't do narrowband which means that it will be obsolete whenever your department makes the switch, assuming that they remain copventional analog. The deadline is the end of 2012 so I would expect the switch to come sooner.

Best to check with your agency and see what radio system they are moving to: analog narrowband, P25, digital, trunked, etc. etc. etc.

bezking

A DN-model HT1000 will suit you nicely and fully support narrowbanding. They are going for under $100 on eBay...

GKolo

Ok thanks, Do they make a smaller radio than the ht1000 that might fit what i need better ? It looks huge.

SCPD

QRT
The ht1000 is kinda bulky, but its a great radio. And since they were so popular the price on ebay is fantastic. If you want something smaller, they make plenty, but your going to have to shell out more dough. Yesterday's Products - Motorola Solutions USA heres motos discontiued equipment, browse through and see what fits and whats a good price

GKolo

Makes me want to cry about the MT1000, I may get one just for a stroll down memory lane.
Going to that site now and look at radios. At one time the department used Vertex 60 radios with all the buttons, God i hated those things. If you forgot to lock the keypad and leaned against something it would take someone with a Phd to get it back on the right channel, Makes me love the MT1000 even more.

FFPM571

Premium Subscriber
HT1000 is no bigger than an MT1000. Also the ones going on Ebay for Less than $100 are listed as narrowband are most times AN ,BN and CN older models that wont do the true splinter channnels. If the OP wants,I have something that would be what he needs.

KG4INW

Premium Subscriber
Someone may be able to tweak it to do NB but it still won't be legal. FCC won't re-certify them.

rescue161

KE4FHH
Database Admin
The HT1000 is smaller than the MT1000, plus parts availablity for the MT1000 is almost none. I loved the MT1000 too; we used them back in the 80s. Rock-solid radio. I think that you'll be very pleased with the HT1000.

Status
Not open for further replies.