MTS FleetNet Frequencies

originlrowdy

Premium Subscriber
I'm just curious to know if the MTS FleetNet system is still active now that Manitoba is on a new system.

Regrettably, I bought a 996P2 and didn't realize that I wouldn't be able to obtain anything from the new digital encrypted system.

To be perfectly honest, I am not entirely sure if my scanner BCD996P2 is actually capeable of getting anything from the new system or if I am SOL.

From what I understand, it's completely encrypted now which renders my scanner useless to obtain Police, Fire and EMS here in Winnipeg, or maybe I'm setting something up wrong. All I hear is garbled stints and sometimes absolute silence on the talk groups.

So, I was kinda wondering if the old system is still active to scan for other different things or has that been completely dismantled now?

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
When I was in Manitoba last year, I didn't find any Fleetnet sites still active.

jets1961

The provincial system is here, it's not phase two: Public Safety Communications Service Trunking System, Provincewide, Manitoba

The City of Winnipeg is here an is phase two: Winnipeg Emergency Services Trunking System, Winnipeg, Manitoba

The province system does have some clear traffic. The city system is 99.9% encrypted with some errors now and then you can get some clear traffic. If you're in the WPG area worth having both systems programed into radio. Leave wildcard mode open from time to time.

Also run an RTL with DSD+ or OP25 to learn more about system.

Yes and FleetNet is done best I can tell.