BCD436HP/BCD536HP: Mult-Color Screens

Status
Not open for further replies.

tumegpc

Premium Subscriber
436HP Mult-Color Screens

I had a little time to play with some color changes to the 436HP display. This required removing the front case but super easy. Yellow makes the contrast pop, so far my favorite .

Attachments

• yellow640.jpg
    yellow640.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 2,099
  • deepblue640.jpg
    deepblue640.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 2,160
  • BG640.jpg
    BG640.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 2,073
  • magenta640.jpg
    magenta640.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 2,102
Last edited:

tumegpc

Premium Subscriber
Here is a better shot how nice the contrast looks, all pictures were taken with the contrast set at 14.

Attachments

• yellow640b.jpg
    yellow640b.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 1,833
Last edited:

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
You know people are going to ask how you did that. :) Personally I like the darker blue (pic #2) out of the ones shown there.

tumegpc

Premium Subscriber
You know people are going to ask how you did that. :) Personally I like the darker blue (pic #2) out of the ones shown there.

It was late last night about 01:00 am when I was experimenting . I will post pictures later this morning with all the details. I was surprised too that the blue really looked that good. My wife made a comment and said that yellow was easier on the eyes when compared to the original.

tumegpc

Premium Subscriber
BCD436HP Multi-Color Screen

So here is an easy way to change your LCD color . I bought Clear-Lay Color film .005 at Hobby Lobby for about $6.00 . There are four colors to choose from Red,Green,Blue and Amber.Cut the film 4.5cm x 5.5cm. Remove the six screws that hold the front case. The case will come off very easy. Now just position the film over the LCD and secure it with clear tape. You can test your color preference while the front case is off.
There you go - Enjoy !

You'll notice that because of the 436HP's original blueish color tint - Amber = Yellow , Red = Magenta , Green = Light Blue , and Blue = True Blue.

Attachments

• screen.jpg
    screen.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 1,747
  • blue640new2.jpg
    blue640new2.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 1,730
  • amber640new.jpg
    amber640new.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 1,773
Last edited:

With all due respect, pic #2 doesn't look quite right. Everything seems to have a light blue tint. The black of the scanner case isn't quite black. The tablecloth isn't as white as it is in the other pics. Compare with the other photos and you'll see what I mean. Other than that, great job!

marcotor

I ♥ÆS Ø
Feed Provider
I think pic #2 is from the Grassy Knoll ;)

This is a great idea. It never occurred to me, and I work around this kind of material all day long.
Thanks for the tip!

Last edited:

tumegpc

Premium Subscriber
With all due respect, pic #2 doesn't look quite right. Everything seems to have a light blue tint. The black of the scanner case isn't quite black. The tablecloth isn't as white as it is in the other pics. Compare with the other photos and you'll see what I mean. Other than that, great job!

Well at 01:00 am I wasn't posting to a photo contest on DPREVIEW. I was just pretty excited that I could share it with other RR members. I think you can tell by the second set of pictures that the color is more accurate.

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
I like the idea thanks for sharing I will have to get some film and see what I can make mine look like. Did you have to change the light level from low to med to high?

Thanks for sharing.

tumegpc

Premium Subscriber
I like the idea thanks for sharing I will have to get some film and see what I can make mine look like. Did you have to change the light level from low to med to high?

Thanks for sharing.

I left the light level on high and contrast at 14 for all the pictures. I'll should have a little extra time tomorrow to look for more color options.

Voyager

I wonder if the yellow AND blue will make a different tint of green as opposed to the green filter.

kruser

Premium Subscriber
I like this idea! I'd have never thought of using colored film for changing the backlight color!

I must ask the same question as Markscan though and ask how it looks when the backlighting is off?

Is the display still readable or does the colored film darken a turned off backlight too much compared to no film?

rkm1215

Premium Subscriber
Anyone have an update as to what happens without backlight on? Hoping to try the film in next couple days so will post an update if applicable by then.

Sent from my SM-S765C using Tapatalk

rkm1215

Premium Subscriber
Still no update? My HL only had the clear film not the colored film so I have to check back once they get their shipment. Good news is they were doing inventory when I went so hopefully they ordered more!

Status
Not open for further replies.