Multicoupler versus splitter

Bonkk083

Premium Subscriber
Will a tv splitter be better for 2 scanners than a multicoupler without noticing loss

Bonkk083

Premium Subscriber
Did you receive your Stridsberg yet?
Yes but can't tell if it's working lately I put the frequencies I had in my 996 into the 536 and not picking up anything and service types are set but custom is checked also

sonm10

Central MN Monitor
Premium Subscriber
Myself and a couple others use a TV splitter with a LNA in front to make up for the loss. Only issue is the F to anything adapters.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
To be honest I do not know. I did just read someone had one with a green led and one with a red led.

Napalm

Premium Subscriber
Myself and a couple others use a TV splitter with a LNA in front to make up for the loss. Only issue is the F to anything adapters.
This is working well for me for milair and a 225-400 filter and lna

Bonkk083

Premium Subscriber
Will the Stridesburg hurt digital 800 performance I put the antenna that come with the scanner and receive signals 30 miles away but when I connect the outdoor antenna through the Stridesburg and get nothing could that be the noise ratio

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
How does the outdoor do direct to the scanner? Should be exactly the same. If stock antenna is doing better than outdoor, then there may be a problem

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
Will the Stridesburg hurt digital 800 performance I put the antenna that come with the scanner and receive signals 30 miles away but when I connect the outdoor antenna through the Stridesburg and get nothing could that be the noise ratio
Is there a difference between the outdoor antenna connected directly to the scanner versus through the Stridesburg? What's likely happening is the outdoor antenna is picking up a (non-desired) strong signal and that's effectively reducing your receiver's sensitivity. I have strong signals from paging, cell towers, AM/FM broadcast and the like near me, so I've added filters to reduce the strength of those signals between the antenna and the amplifier (Stridesburg).

Bonkk083

Premium Subscriber
I hooked the telescopic antenna to the Stridesburg and it picked up better on the 996 not to good on the 536