MultiPSK improvements

Status
Not open for further replies.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
I just got this via the UDXF Yahoo group - under normal conditions I'd send this to the HF Data Decoding forum, but there's a lot of SDR related stuff here (in bold).

Also note the new interfaces with PlanePlotter and the mention of several SDRs that MultiPSK seems to be 'aware' of now.

Patrick's English is a tad on the rough side - it's presented verbatim
====================================================================
1.1 GMDSS
In "Other options GMDSS", addition of the button "HF frequency display": the HF frequency in MHz is displayed (in first position) on each received message, if the QSO field "Freq MHz" is filled with the HF frequency.

1.2 VDL2
The "TCP/IP" button, if pushed, offers a TCP/IP server on port 3121, for transmission of the received data to a "TCP/IP client" application. Consequently, with the main TCP/IP server, it is possible to interface VDL2-Display and PlanePlotter, each application receiving exactly the same data from Multipsk.

1.3 ACARS
Improvement of the SdR AM demodulation for ACARS.

2) Miscellaneous

· Addition of a possibility of daily back-up of the received and transmitted data ("QSO" panel).

· Each RTL/SDR dongle, once used, has its parameters (identifier, shift, correction, frequency, demodulation mode (USB...), selected VFO (A or B)) stored in the RTL_SDR.TXT file. A maximum of 255 different RTL dongles can be managed thanks to this file.

· New parameter available on the Multipsk command line (for the TCP/IP control): TCP_IP_ON_3122 ... TCP_IP_ON_3132 to switch the TCP/IP interface on the specified port (3122 to 3132).
Example: C:\MULTIPSK\MULTIPSK.EXE TCP_IP_ON_3125 RX_TX_SCREEN MINIMIZE

· Multipsk_planner on my WEB site http://f6cte.free.fr/Multipsk_planner.zip
This demonstration program gives the possibility to the user to realize a monitoring planning (modes, frequencies and end times) either for Multipsk interfaced with Commander (DXLAB), or for Multipsk interfaced with a SdR (FCD, FCD+, RTL/SDR, Softrock), this one controlling Multipsk, through a TCP/IP link - sources and .EXE (Version 1)
Example (Mode, SDR HF , SDR AF, AF and mode end time):
ACARS 131715000 10000 200 Z08:05:00
VDL2 136963000 12000 200 Z09:05:00

Status
Not open for further replies.