My Bedroom Station During Renovation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rt169Radio

Premium Subscriber
Looks really nice! I like that meter box and its color scheme.Are you able to change the color on it?

Last edited:

N1SQB

Premium Subscriber
Looks really nice! I like that meter box and its color scheme.Are you able to change the color on it?

Most likely yes, but I wont be the one doing it! Let me explain. When I opened it up, I did not see any LEDs in back of the meters as is customary. Yet, there was a jack for 12v in the rear of the chassis. I looked closely and realized that there were tiny SMT leds on the PC board attached to the rear inside. When I plugged the unit to my power supply, WOW! What a display! about 26-36 of those little guys lit up. Half blue and half white. I suppose you could desolder them and put in the color of your choice, but with @ 26-36 of them and my eyes being what they are today, ummm......no! Not happening brother! Plus, the nice cool white color is easy on the eyes. Just like the PSR 310 / 410 displays only larger, really nice!

Manny

robertsanta73

Premium Subscriber
PSR 500 feed

Im trying to run a feed on my PSR 500
Do I need anything beside the cables and my computer
How much of a difference does the amp makes?
I was told that it probably wont make any

N1SQB

Premium Subscriber
Hi Manny, love the Helicopter Models!!! I'm a huge helicopter fan!!:cool:

How's the milair up there?:eek:

Wouxuns are awesome, aren't they!:D

Mil-Air is pretty scattered. It all depends on where you live here in the state and the time of day you monitor! When all is said and done, I will have a discone on a mast, about 500' above sea level. Needless to say, my reception will be even better than it is now. I love my helos! The Wouxon is awesome! I cannot kill this battery. I bought a second battery with the radio thinking I might need it and I have not. I left the radio charged last Monday, and it was still fully charged when I played with it yesterday. Very nice! A real breeze to program.

Answers;
1-typically no. Im not into feeds so I cant asnswer that in detail.
2- The amp will or will not make any difference depending on how it is used. With an outside antena, it will only make things worse. Indoors, difference is minimal at best.

Manny

ScannaMan9

New feed-er!

YaY!! Another feed for me to ''Check-Out"

Here's a link:

Becoming a Feed Provider - The RadioReference Wiki

What frequencies to you plan-on ''feeding?":confused:

P.S.
Look at the database to find out what you want to ''Feed'' (Unless you already know/ have looked)

Last edited:

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
Nice setup :) does the GRE Super Amp make a difference? Im sure it does our your wouldn't have it but is it worth getting to run base scanners with a rubber duck?

I have been using this amp for a while and works good. And cable tv guy would have these on his truck.. The amp, and the homemade 450MHz ground plane combo work great for me. I am in east Islip, ny in an apartment complex and pick up nypd from inside now. Never could do that before the amp. Barely got them from outside...

41sgt06bYjL._SS500_.jpg

p773668180-3.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.