My first shack

Status
Not open for further replies.

squadman

Feed Provider
Been looking around on here for awhile and figured I'd post my small but effective shack.

Uniden Bearcat 55XLT
Radio Shack Pro 97
Radio Shack Pro 2055

MyShack.jpg

KC8JPZ

Premium Subscriber
You have to start somewhere. And that start is nice.It appears that you set the shack up on your head board.That is also where I keep my scanner.It's about the only time I have to listen to it. I don't think the fiance will let me put all my ham gear on the headboard though....

ace755

Nice shack squadman, I have a question?
Is that the radioshack 20-034 antenna on you Pro-97, and does it perform better then the stock antenna that came with the scanner?

squadman

Feed Provider
KC8JPZ said:
You have to start somewhere. And that start is nice.It appears that you set the shack up on your head board.That is also where I keep my scanner.It's about the only time I have to listen to it. I don't think the fiance will let me put all my ham gear on the headboard though....

Your correct, it's on my head board since that's about the only time I get to listen also.

Last edited:

squadman

Feed Provider
ace755 said:
Nice shack squadman, I have a question?
Is that the radioshack 20-034 antenna on you Pro-97, and does it perform better then the stock antenna that came with the scanner?

You're correct, that is the radio shack 20-034 on my Pro 97, and to me it performs better then the stock antenna.

Last edited:

ace755

I’ll take your word for it squadman; think I will go buy that antenna tomorrow. Thanks

nh7cy

i agree, i like the idea of having the radio right next to the bed.

it elminates having to get up in the middle of the night and walking over to your desk everytime you hear police and fire engines zooming past your house! :)

rhicks6000

Premium Subscriber
My 3 shacks. The pro-2066 I got in 98 it has been a good scanner the backlight went out in it last year. My pro-95 I bought March 05 it has a 800 mhz antenna. The last one not in the pic but is posted on the thread my 91 tbird is my pro-2055. All three have performed very good

Attachments

• shack.jpg
    shack.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 975
Status
Not open for further replies.