My humble beginnings.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

KD6HRI

Heres a couple shots of my radio place that is still evolving......here is a pic of my power supply, RS PRO-197 and Wouxun KD-UV3D 2m/70cm HT.....

IMAG0932.jpg

And here is my Yaesu FT-7900R 2m/70cm mobile.....

IMAG0965.jpg

Things are looking up and still awaiting the arrival of my new GRE PSR-500 portable which will expand my listening fun on the go! Next after the holiday break will be a custom call sign plaque for the bench out of some exotic wood. This will look good! As I get more goodies I will update as needed.

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Nice grouping on those targets on the left! :cool:

n9zas

KD6HRI

Ha Ha.....well that's another hobby. I have a few rifles I target shoot and hunt with. My radio bench is also my reloading and work bench......man cave as you will!

KD6HRI

Well the GRE PSR-500 arrived and I got it all programmed. Great addition to the RS PRO-197 and sweet deal it uses the same software as the PRO-197 to program! Just brought up the stored lists for the PRO-197, plugged in the PSR-500 and shazam it lives! heres a pic of the new addition......

IMAG0988.jpg

Here is a pic of the set up to date and I did add a ham call sign I made in the woodshop at work. Pretty cool to have use of a laser engraver to make this sign.....its maple with walnut inlay letters and number. I think it looks great!

IMAG0990.jpg

As the shack shakes we will keep you all up to date.....pretty happy so far and thanks for the positive comments and observations!

KD6HRI

The call sign was laser engraved with help from one of my buddies at work. I probably did 75% of the work on rough and finish work....

Rt169Radio

Premium Subscriber
Looks good,did you make that shelf in the first picture on the upper left?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.