My Inventive Mobile Set Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

WatnNY

Database Admin
Database Admin
This is my newest mobile install. It's a black-painted piece of plywood on a pedestal mount in the cup holder section. Hyuandi didn't make the Sonata install friendly, BUT they did make it easy to put the wires through the firewall with a good area to drill. The radio bodies are bolted to the back of the back seats, and the control heads are then mounted on the painted plywood. Unfortunately I lose my cup holders with this set up, but I had to come up with some way to get these things installed!

On the top is an Icom 208H dual band ham radio.
In the middle is an Icom F5061 VHF radio.
On the bottom is a Vertex F1011 low band radio for Fire.

Attachments

• 0104001347a.jpg
    0104001347a.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 2,195
  • 0104001356.jpg
    0104001356.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 2,233

WatnNY

Database Admin
Database Admin
I knew the old antenna question would come up! I'm using a Maxrad dual band for the 208H Ham radio, a Motorola 5/8 whip on a trunk lip mount for the F5061, and some generic/wholesale low band antenna in a hole for the Vertex low band radio. I'm thinking there's too many tall antennas that close together on the trunk and I might have to rearrange some things.

newsphotog

Premium Subscriber
Nothing wrong with losing the cup holders for that. You did a nice job. I own two ID-800's. They aren't too bad.

Warthog1

Silent Key
NIce job . Can't remember what car you had when I was in it..Grand Am maybe ? I have to figure out how to mount something up in the Corvette come spring. Have to go glass mount (yecch !)

WatnNY

Database Admin
Database Admin
Yea, remember the green Grand Am, Don? Great memory on you!

Newsphotog - I agree with you that it's ok to lose the cupholders, but the wife doesn't think so! I'll just have to limit her riding time in the car, huh!? :cool:

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.