My Midland WR-120DSP keeps losing signal when I plug it in

The title, it works perfectly when it runs off batteries and gets alerts but when i plug it in all I hear is static and was wondering if there was anything I can do to fix it or if I perhaps have a faulty unit and I wasn't sure where else to post this, thanks in advance.

ScannerSK

It sounds like radio interference is being generated either by the adapter or is present in the power grid. You could try a different adapter or relocate the radio to a location with better reception. Maybe a different outlet has less interference? It could be something else plugged into a nearby outlet causing interference too.

It sounds like radio interference is being generated either by the adapter or is present in the power grid. You could try a different adapter or relocate the radio to a location with better reception. Maybe a different outlet has less interference? It could be something else plugged into a nearby outlet causing interference too.
Update: I have been messing around with it and have got it plugged into an outlet in my room where the signal seems to be good (albeit i had to mess around with the cord and its like wrapped around the table weirdly its on and the antenna is fully extended) but it seems to working, i will update again later tonight when it becomes night time and the temperature starts to drop cause ive also noticed the signal drops at night most of the time and im unsure as to why, if you have any ideas for why that might be too let me know lol

DVINTHEHOUSEMAN

Up North
I would try to localize the source of interference; try turning all the breakers off except for what the radio is on and unplugging everything on the same circuit as the radio and turning the breakers on one by one until you find what is causing the noise.