My Mobile setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

firetaz834

Well, I'm going to throw my 2 cents in and be labeled a d-bag about your setup. I think from your last comment that you don't seem to get it. Prior to 9-11, some of this stuff my have been tolerated but since then it won't be tolerated.

Sure, you will find radar units for measureing the speed of a fast ball for for measureing how fast cars my run at a sporting event, but you won't find them using a law enforcement grade unit to do it and then some will wonder why you have it mounted in your vehicle. Also, if your testing a siren unit why are you testing it in your vehicle. Most places that test equipment usually have a test bench for that type of testing.

Now you say your not a whacker, but when you combine a professional quality radar unit with a siren unit (and you did not say you were a radio tech) but just a 20 year old kid trying to have some fun, but what you are doing to have fun is giving us who have a legimate purporse for having sirens in our vehicles. I known when I drove my suv daily some would ask me why don't I just turn it on. I had to explain that it was a privledge to have it. most of us are using it with the permission of our department and if abused (yes, I said abused) then that privledge could be taken away.... Some departments require you to get a permit that is renewed yearly.

Also, as a ham you should know your rights and privledges for each band that you operate on. You said that the FCC would not bother with you. But, if they received a complaint, they most certainly would. And, if you get stopped by the police, they would be filing the complaint and your ticket might just get pulled and you would get fined. So, I think there are much more constructive ways to "play" an be a 20 year old. Just remember that if your using equipment that is for a specific purpose, don't just play with it. You can make a name for your self, you can be remember as someone who did it right, or someone who did it WRONG and you are headed int hat direction.

And your last post just is showing your maturity level... We may give a hard time, but were just trying to understand and help you. That is if you want the help of professionals that have been in it for a long time. I know alot of these guys have so many hours in it that I can't even come close to there knowledge base and they are just trying to help you from making a mistake....

KC9LDB

Mods, can you lock this thread, I have rightfully have been 0w3nd by the members of this forum, I feel much better now. Mostly because of Google> good place to do research about things!

Last edited:

texasemt13

CenTex DBA
Premium Subscriber
To all that just had to be d-bags about my setup:
I am a 20 year old college student, I have a part time job with 3 other side jobs. I find it sad when I think about how you guys are in the stage of "work" next is "retirement" and finally "death", It is so obvious that you never had a fun time growing up, it is really sad. With my damn radar and the siren THAT WAS BEING TESTED FOR THE DAY THE PICTURE WAS TAKEN, MY LACK OF LIGHTS I HAVE NONE!! This sure is alot of nasty comments to receive. I hope that by reading this statement that you look back on your time spent growing up and being a total ass to everyone you see that dosen't think like you has really gotten to you, who knows maybe you'll sit on your computer some more and yell at kids about having fun

Joe,

Being a college "kid" as you say lets me clear some things up for you. If you want to parade around on this site, be cautious. I'm quite close to your age, am a college student, but would not have the nuts to call older MEN douchebags (for fear of calling the kettle black). At one point in ALL of our lives we have caught the bug (whether it's radio, radar or flashing lights). Now some of us handled it differently. I'll admit that I used to want some flashers also- never had them. Fromhaving been on both sides of this issue I can tell you that the people called "whackers" (notice I'm NOT calling you one), are dispised by local law enforcement. There are many threads ion this site about whackers caught breaking the law.

We're not bashing you as a person, though it may seem that since we are trashing your HOBBY that it is a personal insult.

P.S. Don't admit your a "kid" if you're in college (your dad would probably agree with the "kid" part anyway)- I'd say stick to your 3 jobs. Also, if you don't plan to "work" after college what's the degree for? And if "death" isn't the finishing point of your life here on Earth, where will you go? For a college student you sound like you could use some logical reasoning skills... no offense...

Grog

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
I go to sleep after a long shift and miss all the fun. I'm proud that I went easy on him :D

burner50

The Third Variable
Database Admin
Come on guys, knock it off. He gets the point, the siren and radar are illegal.

I really wish he hadnt taken the pics down.

MrRevesz

Premium Subscriber
Adding in about the radar, as many stated it's not illegal at all.... There's a toy company, I can't quite remember the name of it, who sells radar guns in stores like toys r us, etc that actually work and accurately! There was this news article about a little boy with one who took the law into his own hands when speeders would come flying down his block, he would stand on the side of the road with the gun shooting it at them and soon enough they all ended up slowing down... kind of cool

Status
Not open for further replies.