My SDR Enabled Mobile

Status
Not open for further replies.

KR0SIV

I don't generally have an issue with mixed mics. The XTVA is easy to keep apart, the large moto mic is my 2m.
The small one of the left is 900 and the small one on the right is 220.

The controller is a shuttle contour: New SDR# Plugin Adds Support for Contour Shuttle USB Controllers

It works amazingly well.

Sometimes I do have the tablet running while driving, in those cases it's only for the scanner display or APRS. I can swipe down on the screen with two fingers to instantly kill the display if needed or if it's night time and I don't want a screen illuminating my face.

Haven't had a problem with it in the years I've been driving around but I'm sure eventually I'll have a fun conversation.
All these rigs are in the mobile mostly because I don't have a spot for a ham shack right now. Yes I need a bigger car for sure XD.

crayon

RF Cartography Ninja
Database Admin

KR0SIV

What head unit are you using?
It's a generic "pumpkin" chinese head unit. Anything with modern android is fine.

Thanks for posting! I got tired of messing with SDR while on the road because of constant stopping. A shuttle is going to be awesome.

I might have read your post too quickly and missed it but what is the pic with the needle nose pliers for?

That is a GPS NMO antenna where I'm removing the 1575 filter from it so i can use it for iridium and inmarsat reception.
An article on that can be found here: https://www.signalseverywhere.com/post/gps-nmo-to-l-band-antenna-modification

joesheets

Curious how to get the ADSB display on the screen in the dash??
I have been thinking about how to get a scanner display on my builtin GPS monitor in my Jeep GC.

krokus

Premium Subscriber
It is an Android head unit and I'm using host mode with an RTL and one of the flight tracking apps on the play store.
Which brand/model? It seems like very few offer a separate power in, so you can still use the OTG and not drain the battery.

Sent using Tapatalk

KR0SIV

Which brand/model? It seems like very few offer a separate power in, so you can still use the OTG and not drain the battery.

Sent using Tapatalk

Some knockoff called pumpkin that no longer is in business. the head unit is only powered when accessory is on so the OTG cable does not get power unless the head unit is on, ie: the car is running

That should be the case with most

TexScan780D

Premium Subscriber
Does your computer have a 9 pin serial port to connect your Bearcat BC 780XLT? If not, how did you connect the Bearcat BC 780XLT?

Status
Not open for further replies.