NAS Jacksonville

Status
Not open for further replies.

kc9cra

Just wondering, did anybody hear anything out of the usual on the first of the month? I'm mainly asking about military aircraft. I haven't listened to that much milair, but if it's anything like other radio users, there are numbering and naming systems. If you know these, you can notice one that stands out or does not fit in with what you know. Anybody hear any of these? Some weird stuff happened that day, and I was wondering if there was any unusual radio traffic.

zguy1243

Just wondering, did anybody hear anything out of the usual on the first of the month? I'm mainly asking about military aircraft. I haven't listened to that much milair, but if it's anything like other radio users, there are numbering and naming systems. If you know these, you can notice one that stands out or does not fit in with what you know. Anybody hear any of these? Some weird stuff happened that day, and I was wondering if there was any unusual radio traffic.

Tell us what happened that you thought was weird. Maybe we can help you better understand?

kc9cra

Some people saw what I have come to understand is a tr3b. It's the mysterious triangular shaped craft that have been featured in many ufo sighting reports. I read in Popular Communications a few years back that that has finally been declassified, and it is a hydrogen-filled air ship. I don't know what kind of callsign that would be given, but I figure it wouldn't be anything that is recognizable as an f15 or something.

Sorry I don't have a time of day, but the report was submitted to mufon which then submitted it to local media outlets.

CORN

Premium Subscriber
You might need to join me for several rounds of beers. Took me two rounds to understand your question. Good luck, they are watching you!

kg4ojj

Premium Subscriber
From the Mutual UFO Network MUFON

I did a search going back for three weeks for UFO events in Florida and found this posted as an event occurring in Jacksonville, FL. I am not sure if I can link the exact post, but here it is in its entirety:

"I was driving over the timuquana bride on the westside of jacksonville, fl, between Blanding blvd and highway 17. At aproximately 8:15 at night on december the 1st of 2011, I observed an aparant dark triangle about the size of a plane, with 3 uniform lights, one at each corner of the triangle, but with NO flashing FAA lights. I am quite used to seeing many jets and planes regularly, as I live in close proximity to Naval Air Station Jacksonville, and this was not a plane. It was flying at an altitude of maybe 300-400 feet, at a speed of 40-60 miles per hour. I noticed it aproaching from the north, which was to my left as I was headed east on 103rd street and almost on the bridge. The triangle slowly flew overhead to the south and I lost sight of it through the trees as I began to cross the bridge. After that,I headed south on highway 17 towards NAS Jacksonville and scanned the sky for the object, but could not see it. It was only overhead for a matter of 5-10 seconds, but that was long enough for me to tell that it wasn't like anything I've seen before. Even if it was a plane, since it was headed towards NAS Jax, it should have been visible as I neared the base, but it was nowhere to be seen. It was moving too slow, low, and silently to be any kind of jet or airplane and as I said there were no colored or flashing lights, only 3 equally sized, round, white lights at each of the 3 corners."

Maybe this is a direct link: LONG DESCRIPTION OF SIGHTING REPORT

Not a UFO, but there was a blimp over Gainesville, FL last night. Didn't catch the name of the blimp but it was hovering over the University of Florida campus. Not being the Gator fan, I have no idea why it was there. Maybe a basketball tournament? That's the only answer I can provide and it is a wild guess as to what was seen in Jacksonville. That blimp was the most unusual aviation object I have seen in the metro JAX area since the air show....

zguy1243

I always have wondered what is the connection between certain ham radio ops and alien/mufon/chem trails/conspiracy theorist type folks. No offense to anyone, just a observation. They have nothing in common but for some reason it is a attraction of that personality type. To the OP, I can promise you nothing at that hour and especially at NAS Jax was going on beyond normal ops.

CalebATC

I always have wondered what is the connection between certain ham radio ops and alien/mufon/chem trails/conspiracy theorist type folks. No offense to anyone, just a observation. They have nothing in common but for some reason it is a attraction of that personality type. To the OP, I can promise you nothing at that hour and especially at NAS Jax was going on beyond normal ops.

Agreed, Jody. Doesn't sound anything abnormal to me.

Nowadays, someone could easily think a X-47B or a RQ-170 are a UFO. The math really doesn't add up in there... if it was traveling so slow, then why was it gone so fast? A bunch of bad statements in that reports.

I see the same observation. Nothing that the USN wouldn't want the public to see would be flying into NAS Jax. If anything, it was probably a Predator or MQ-9 Reaper UAV from CBP in that report.

If you can, explain to us some more details of the weirdness. Clear up some details, if you don't mind! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.