Nashville helicopter air - air frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

tnbound

Premium Subscriber
I am trying to find the air to air frequencies for helicopters such as medfights, and morning and afternoon traffic in and around the Middle Tennessee area? My guess would be 122.8 but wondering if there is any others? Any help would be appreciated?

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
I am trying to find the air to air frequencies for helicopters such as medfights, and morning and afternoon traffic in and around the Middle Tennessee area? My guess would be 122.8 but wondering if there is any others? Any help would be appreciated?

123.025 in my area, here is a list from the RR Wiki

tnbound

Premium Subscriber
That's great thanks guys I will give them a listen and I appreciate your help!

kny2xb

This is right out of the FAA Aeronautical Information Manual effective 12-2-21

Helicopter air−to−air communications; air traffic control operations. 123.025

Air-to-air communication (private fixed wing aircraft). 122.750

Assignment to flight test land and aircraft stations (not for air−to−air communication except for those aircraft operating in an oceanic FIR).
123.400 [1] 123.450 [2]
[1] This frequency is available only to itinerant stations that have a requirement to be periodically transferred to various locations.
[2] Mobile station operations on these frequencies are limited to an area within 320 km (200 mi) of an associated flight test land station.

Over the Continental United States and Coastal Waters 123.4 MHz and 123.45 MHz are reserved by the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) for stations individually licensed to commercial aircraft and accessory manufacturers to use as flight test frequencies. Aircraft may only communicate with their associated company ground stations and these frequencies may not be used for air−to−air communications of any sort. In order to bring attention to the proper usage of 123.4 MHz and 123.45 MHz, this change adds these frequencies to TBL 4−1−3, Other Frequency Usage Designated by the FCC, along with the description of their use and the note that they are not for air−to−air communication.

So, helicopters use 123.025, I usually hear LE choppers on the frequency the most
Once in awhile, here in the Tampa Bay area, I have heard air-to-air on 122.750, not very often though

But I have heard air-to-air chat many times on 123.450
Not as often, but I have copied chatter on 123.400 also

It's been said that 123.45 & 123.4 are used because they're easy to remember

Unless someone generates a significant amount of interference to the legal users on those frequencies, probably nothing will be done about it

rr60

Premium Subscriber
While not familiar with your area, this is how I search for unknown A/A. These two ranges will yield most, but perhaps not all.

The two areas in the band, lower portion AND upper portion. Both of these segments can contain the traffic you are looking for, 25 kHz step size.

121.950 - 123.575 Unicom, FSS, Air- Air
128.8250 - 132.0000 AIRINC, Data, Company traffic, Air-Air

Good luck!

tnbound

Premium Subscriber
This is right out of the FAA Aeronautical Information Manual effective 12-2-21

Helicopter air−to−air communications; air traffic control operations. 123.025

Air-to-air communication (private fixed wing aircraft). 122.750

Assignment to flight test land and aircraft stations (not for air−to−air communication except for those aircraft operating in an oceanic FIR).
123.400 [1] 123.450 [2]
[1] This frequency is available only to itinerant stations that have a requirement to be periodically transferred to various locations.
[2] Mobile station operations on these frequencies are limited to an area within 320 km (200 mi) of an associated flight test land station.

Over the Continental United States and Coastal Waters 123.4 MHz and 123.45 MHz are reserved by the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) for stations individually licensed to commercial aircraft and accessory manufacturers to use as flight test frequencies. Aircraft may only communicate with their associated company ground stations and these frequencies may not be used for air−to−air communications of any sort. In order to bring attention to the proper usage of 123.4 MHz and 123.45 MHz, this change adds these frequencies to TBL 4−1−3, Other Frequency Usage Designated by the FCC, along with the description of their use and the note that they are not for air−to−air communication.

So, helicopters use 123.025, I usually hear LE choppers on the frequency the most
Once in awhile, here in the Tampa Bay area, I have heard air-to-air on 122.750, not very often though

But I have heard air-to-air chat many times on 123.450
Not as often, but I have copied chatter on 123.400 also

It's been said that 123.45 & 123.4 are used because they're easy to remember

Unless someone generates a significant amount of interference to the legal users on those frequencies, probably nothing will be done about it
Wow great info thanks!

tnbound

Premium Subscriber
While not familiar with your area, this is how I search for unknown A/A. These two ranges will yield most, but perhaps not all.

The two areas in the band, lower portion AND upper portion. Both of these segments can contain the traffic you are looking for, 25 kHz step size.

121.950 - 123.575 Unicom, FSS, Air- Air
128.8250 - 132.0000 AIRINC, Data, Company traffic, Air-Air

Good luck!
I will give it a try thank you for the info.

Status
Not open for further replies.