National Radio Quiet Zone

mike_s104

Premium Subscriber
Berkeley Co. Event 2 TG1159

I've been hearing traffic today that sounds like security. RIDs are Berkeley Co. I'm thinking ERJ or VA Center but the RIDs would possibly be different. If it is one of those, I wonder if they are borrowing county radios because of an issue with their own radios and/or tower/repeater.

Could also be Vickie Douglas in Martinsburg. They are running vehicle tags.

fredva

Feed Provider
Berkeley Co. Event 2 TG1159

I've been hearing traffic today that sounds like security. RIDs are Berkeley Co. I'm thinking ERJ or VA Center but the RIDs would possibly be different. If it is one of those, I wonder if they are borrowing county radios because of an issue with their own radios and/or tower/repeater.

Could also be Vickie Douglas in Martinsburg. They are running vehicle tags.
Did you intend to post this in the SIRN thread?

NavyBOFH

As someone that has done a lot of RF work within the NRQZ, I am curious what exemption was given since SIRN is UHF-based but there's technically nothing stopping them from deploying VHF sites within that area.

ScanWV

As someone that has done a lot of RF work within the NRQZ, I am curious what exemption was given since SIRN is UHF-based but there's technically nothing stopping them from deploying VHF sites within that area.
I’m not sure I have an answer to that. I’m hearing Pendleton is all for going to VHF as long as they can find funding for it. Not sure if what they would like to do is a whole separate system or something that ties into SIRN in some way.