NC Christmas greetings on VIPER SW System

CLTscanner

Last year, Field Comm announced that the patch was up between VIPER and Alarm before they started.

Will they be conducting the Santa sightings on Main Alarm this year? Or will they move it to another operations channel? (There seems to be a lot of dispatch calls happening right now.)

rescue161

KE4FHH
Database Admin
Ah, I was wondering. Our internet was off for a good portion of the day, so I wasn't able to check here and wasn't hearing anything on the SW CALL talkgroup. Glad we finally got the internet back on and I was able to confirm the time.

IcomIcR20

Premium Subscriber
Is anyone recording this if so can you send It to me once it's over?
I recorded part of it, but no one on my local tower was associated with SW CALL so I was running around the house trying to find a spot that my HT would reliably pick up a more distant tower :LOL:

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Was at work, but had a scanner set on the one TG (SW CALL) at home, and still missed the start of it with the Santa sightings, but did capture a nice 7 minute long clip of the greetings from many departments. Seemed like the greetings were better this year and it was good to hear so many kids giving the greetings this year.

ems902

Check the Guilford Metro Fire Feed starting at 20:00. I switched it back when the transmissions became more infrequent. I think the archive begins about 19:51, so you might need to move the cursor to 20:00 to catch the audio. I do not know if Buncombe was in the files. I also have an edited recording of the first file without the dead air at the beginning.

rescue161

KE4FHH
Database Admin
Here is everything I got: Download swcallchristmas2022.zip (13.99 MB) now. Fast and easy at workupload.com

It has all of the individual files and then a large combined one (swcallchristmas2022.wav). I don't remember hearing Buncombe county at all, but I may have missed it. I do know you hear Asheville around the 10:27 mark though.

I listened through your files, but did not hear my transmission from Camp Lejeune. I did hear it on Kanuin's post however. It was near the beginning, after the stations started checking in.

waterbwuk

Feed Provider
I listened through your files, but did not hear my transmission from Camp Lejeune. I did hear it on Kanuin's post however. It was near the beginning, after the stations started checking in.

I run trunk-recorder off of a 2010 macbook that I'm honestly surprised is still running, but yea sometimes it will miss transmissions. The area I'm in can be iffy on reception also. Wouldn't be surprised if there are others missing :(

Was just sharing what I had incase something was in there that wasn't in someone else's recordings.