NCC in Ottawa

Status
Not open for further replies.

rib1

Premium Subscriber
Hello,

I am new to the scanning world but I am learning quickly. I own a BCD325P2 and I have programmed lots of systems into my scanner. Most of them are working well. However there is one organization I can't seem to find.

The NCC conservation officers that operate on the Ottawa side. You see them giving tickets to people for things such as a dog not on a leash in a park and driving around in the big NCC pickup trucks for example.

I don't hear them on any of the frequencies I have programmed so far. I have the MNR talkgroups on fleetnet and the NCC analog frequencies which are listed on RR but the Analog frequencies listed below seem to be the NCC operating in Quebec and I mostly hear them in french. I am not hearing anything from MNR on fleetnet that is within Ottawa.

I have read through the threads and noticed there is a couple of talk groups for Winterlude on the GOTRBO Network but I don't hear anything from those either as they seem to be for the wintertime. Any tips or insight on this would be much appreciated.

IdleMonitor

Premium Subscriber
I have not listened to NCC for a few months now. I decided to lock them out because they're French all the time and I don't understand it. But the active ones I have are the same ones listed - as yourself and here. Ottawa County - Federal Government Buildings Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference

Kemptville is the district for that portion of Eastern Ontario from everything east of Arnprior and south to about Gananoque and everything east of there to the Quebec border. Not sure how much MNRF activity there is within the city limits of Ottawa, but the MNRF CO's are active on FleetNet. They all use the same talkgroup for checking in with Sault Ste. Marie Comm Centre. I hear them fairly regularly.

Hello,

I am new to the scanning world but I am learning quickly. I own a BCD325P2 and I have programmed lots of systems into my scanner. Most of them are working well. However there is one organization I can't seem to find.

The NCC conservation officers that operate on the Ottawa side. You see them giving tickets to people for things such as a dog not on a leash in a park and driving around in the big NCC pickup trucks for example.

I don't hear them on any of the frequencies I have programmed so far. I have the MNR talkgroups on fleetnet and the NCC analog frequencies which are listed on RR but the Analog frequencies listed below seem to be the NCC operating in Quebec and I mostly hear them in french. I am not hearing anything from MNR on fleetnet that is within Ottawa.

I have read through the threads and noticed there is a couple of talk groups for Winterlude on the GOTRBO Network but I don't hear anything from those either as they seem to be for the wintertime. Any tips or insight on this would be much appreciated.

rib1

Premium Subscriber
I have not listened to NCC for a few months now. I decided to lock them out because they're French all the time and I don't understand it. But the active ones I have are the same ones listed - as yourself and here. Ottawa County - Federal Government Buildings Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference

Kemptville is the district for that portion of Eastern Ontario from everything east of Arnprior and south to about Gananoque and everything east of there to the Quebec border. Not sure how much MNRF activity there is within the city limits of Ottawa, but the MNRF CO's are active on FleetNet. They all use the same talkgroup for checking in with Sault Ste. Marie Comm Centre. I hear them fairly regularly.

Thanks for the reply,

I have heard some MNR chatter on FleetNet over the last few days but not much at all. Some in Kemptville which as you said was reporting into Sault Ste. Marie Comm Centre. What sites do you have programmed if I may ask?
I just had the main Ottawa site (006) But it is little to none what I hear from them. Maybe it's time for me to learn French? :)

sudsyjkh

NCC communications for both sides of the river are on the VHF freques you mentioned.
All transmissions are en francais.
As far as the MNR, aside from follow-ups, containing random deer/moose/bears and river patrols, you won’t hear a lot of radio traffic within the city proper.
All units in the eastern region use the same talkgroup and are dispatched by the PCU in SSM though, so if there is a vehicle in the area affiliating to the Ottawa tower, you will be able to hear them.

rib1

Premium Subscriber
NCC communications for both sides of the river are on the VHF freques you mentioned.
All transmissions are en francais.
As far as the MNR, aside from follow-ups, containing random deer/moose/bears and river patrols, you won’t hear a lot of radio traffic within the city proper.
All units in the eastern region use the same talkgroup and are dispatched by the PCU in SSM though, so if there is a vehicle in the area affiliating to the Ottawa tower, you will be able to hear them.

Thank you very much for the insight.

IdleMonitor

Premium Subscriber
I'm in Renfrew County, so I listen to the towers up this way as well as Kinburn tower all the time. I don't generally hear the MNRF though on the Kinburn tower, so I doubt that the Ottawa tower would have much MNRF traffic either.

Thanks for the reply,

I have heard some MNR chatter on FleetNet over the last few days but not much at all. Some in Kemptville which as you said was reporting into Sault Ste. Marie Comm Centre. What sites do you have programmed if I may ask?
I just had the main Ottawa site (006) But it is little to none what I hear from them. Maybe it's time for me to learn French? :)

rib1

Premium Subscriber
Coming back to this... I seem to hear the same thing on 162.78000 and 164.43000 (at the same time) I am not sure what the point of having 2 of two different frequencies for the same thing. Possibly just my location?

I hear 162.78000 very strong all over the general area of the city. While 164.43000 is faint in certain places. But I never hear anything on 163.26000

Not sure how many others actively listen to these frequencies but just wondering if others have a different experience with this.

Status
Not open for further replies.