NCMC Security

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spirit

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone know what Security frequencies Northern Colorado Medical Center uses in Greeley? I heard McKee Medical Center in Loveland goes thru their dispatch now. I have heard NCMC talking on McKee radios and they come in real good so they must have a few watts or repeater to get over here.

Spirit

Premium Subscriber
NCMC Security 462.0500

I'm still having no luck on hearing NCMC Security on 462.0500. I hear them talking on McKee Medical radios in Loveland and they come in really good. I have asked Security at McKee but no one seems to know the freq. they have changed to. I use to hit McKee Security on one of these and Plant Services is on one of them but I don't hear Security any more since they went to NCMC freq. Any help will be appreciated.

McKee MC-1 451.962500 FM DCS 371

McKee MC-2 452.262500 FM DCS 371

natedawg1604

Premium Subscriber
Assuming you've already checked ULS and came up empty, it sounds like you should run your scanner in "search mode"....?

ScannerSK

I'm still having no luck on hearing NCMC Security on 462.0500. I hear them talking on McKee Medical radios in Loveland and they come in really good. I have asked Security at McKee but no one seems to know the freq. they have changed to. I use to hit McKee Security on one of these and Plant Services is on one of them but I don't hear Security any more since they went to NCMC freq. Any help will be appreciated.

Why would McKee be listening to security around the hospital in Greeley? How do you know you are hearing NCMC "security" on radios while at McKee? Could it be NCMC medical reports you are hearing?

Prior to 462.050 463.0875 (current license WNLM994) was used by NCMC for security. I have not heard anything on 463.0875 for a long time. 453.0125 (old license WPUL312) was licensed for NCMC security per FCC records at one time however I use to hear everything but security on that frequency. I'll be in Greeley today and will monitor 462.050 to see if security is heard while there (DCS code was 271 as of early 2011).

Shawn

Last edited:

Spirit

Premium Subscriber
Hi Shawn, no it is not medical reports. I know it is Greeley Security NCMC. I have heard them and have talked to a Security officer I know at McKee and he told me it was but he did not know the frequency. This is something new they have just started probably in the last month or so. I know NCMC comes in really good over here on their radios. He told me McKee Security use to be on another channel on their radios and they had to turn to another channel now to be able to communicate with NCMC. They don't talk to them a lot but can and they do share the same freq. now. I have put in 462.050 and I don't hear anything on it here.

ScannerSK

I know it is Greeley Security NCMC. I have heard them and have talked to a Security officer I know at McKee and he told me it was but he did not know the frequency.

Very interesting... I have not heard anything on 462.050 so they must have abandoned that frequency for something else as you seem to have discovered.

I have a PSR-500 and PSR-600 scanner capable of locking onto nearby frequencies within seconds. If you would like to meet at MCR sometime let me know. Maybe we can find the frequency. Even better if your friend were able to key up his radio on a channel for ten seconds or so we could probably locate the frequency rather quickly.

I may have located McKee/NCMC security on the FRCC system. I have two new unidentified talkgroups as 9559 and 9560 which recently appeared. I'll monitor them to see what I receive.

Shawn

Last edited:

ScannerSK

So far, nothing heard on 462.050 and nothing heard on the FRCC talkgroups 9559 and 9560. Talkgroup 9468 on DTRS has something to do with medical in Larimer county however I don't believe it is security related.

I guess the frequency for McKee and NCMC security will have to remain a mystery for a little while longer.

Shawn

ScannerSK

I spent a little time at NCMC today and the 453.0125 frequency is being used frequently (average of at least once every ten minutes). It appears to be a MotoTrbo system. I believe this may be the frequency NCMC security is using. The strange part is the frequency is no longer listed in the FCC records as NCMC. Possibly they are operating under an expired license?

The only nearby frequencies received while at NCMC (other than paging frequencies) were as follows:

166.8000 Unidentified (only a carrier was heard)
453.2000 UNC?
453.4000 Aims?
453.0125 NCMC - previously licensed to NCMC security

Shawn

Spirit

Premium Subscriber
Shawn, can the Pro-106 & 197, able to pick up MotoTrbo system? Whatever NCMC uses they come over on McKee Security radios and they are able to talk with each other.

ScannerSK

Shawn, can the Pro-106 & 197, able to pick up MotoTrbo system? Whatever NCMC uses they come over on McKee Security radios and they are able to talk with each other.

Per the Wiki webpage (MOTOTRBO) "No scanner can monitor this digital format by itself but it can be monitored with DSD. Other decoding efforts have been started, such as Ian Wraith's DMRDecode. DMRDecode is unable to decode audio."

It is possible there is another system which I did not capture during my brief visit to the NCMC hospital parking lot this morning. Security drove past me while I was doing my research.

Shawn

Spirit

Premium Subscriber
I have put this freq in 453.0125 NCMC Security left it on there for 2 days with no luck in Loveland, haven't heard anything on that freq..

Status
Not open for further replies.