Need help/advice finding P25 frequency after locals swap to it.

BamaBound2121

Premium Subscriber
The local PD recently swapped to P25. The frequency hasn't been published anywhere yet and I need some advice on how to search for it. I just got my new scanner and need a little help.

Avery93

Premium Subscriber
Mentioning which PD, or even county you are in would go a long way towards people being able to help...

With that said, a PD going to P25 in Alabama is most likely going to be on one of the 7/800 MHz trunking systems, be it AIRS or one of the Harris systems in central/south AL. P25 conventional on VHF or UHF is rare in this state.

BamaBound2121

Premium Subscriber
Mentioning which PD, or even county you are in would go a long way towards people being able to help...

With that said, a PD going to P25 in Alabama is most likely going to be on one of the 7/800 MHz trunking systems, be it AIRS or one of the Harris systems in central/south AL. P25 conventional on VHF or UHF is rare in this state.
It is Jackson, in Clarke County. I found some frequencies listed in the 400 area but they have been quiet since I programmed them in days ago so i'm guessing they are not it.

Avery93

Premium Subscriber
The local PD recently swapped to P25. The frequency hasn't been published anywhere yet and I need some advice on how to search for it. I just got my new scanner and need a little help.
You sure it's P25? I don't see any new licenses in the county. AIRS has sites in nearby counties, but probably not close enough to give any reasonable coverage.

A quick check of their Facebook page shows an officer carrying what appears to be one of the Kirisun cellular radios that 911iNet uses. If that's what they're using for primary communications, you're out of luck scanning them. It's a PTT-over-Cellular service running on public cell networks. PTT-over-cellular is a "quick-fix" that a lot of departments in this state have adopted. 911iNet is one of the more... questionable providers that use re-badged products from other companies.

BamaBound2121

Premium Subscriber
You sure it's P25? I don't see any new licenses in the county. AIRS has sites in nearby counties, but probably not close enough to give any reasonable coverage.

A quick check of their Facebook page shows an officer carrying what appears to be one of the Kirisun cellular radios that 911iNet uses. If that's what they're using for primary communications, you're out of luck scanning them. It's a PTT-over-Cellular service running on public cell networks. PTT-over-cellular is a "quick-fix" that a lot of departments in this state have adopted. 911iNet is one of the more... questionable providers that use re-badged products from other companies.
I had a source that named the long name for the P25, they could have been wrong. That would explain why some of them had to use their back up radios the other day.