• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

need help for GP340 ATEX UHF

Status
Not open for further replies.

LZ1CBK

Hi all,
I have to program few portable Motorola GP340 to new frequencies, due to change of frequency plan
( licensing, etc..) . Most of the radios I can read/write without problem with the CPS I have ( R-03.11.15).
BUT- there are two radios, which are ATEX type ( blue ones) which I can't read ( password protected) .
I guess that my ex colleague who worked before in our company and was in charge for these radios, has used password . I know that this is incredible, but anyhow... The only options I have is to find the codeplug for this radio, same model and same frequency band, and program to these radios. At least I do not know another options to read the radio when it is password protected..?
Unfortunately it seems I can't use the codeplug from the other ordinary GP340 radios which I have, because they have different model number . Also their codeplug version is earlier ( 7.0) but I know that the CPS can upgrade the codeplug to ver. 8.0 . I have already tried this, and I have codeplug for the frequencies I need, however the RSS does not want to program it in the radio, due to mismatch in model numbers.
So I would deeply appreciate if some of you, by chance, have codeplug for this radio :

H25KCC6AN3 , UHF, portable, ATEX, no keyboard, no display

PS: the other GP340 radios ( black ones) are : H25RCC4AN3 .
I managed to find a codeplug, for H25KCC6AN3, but it is unfortunately for VHF version :-(

cmdrwill

Your H25KCC6AN3 , portable, ATEX, no keyboard, no display appears to be a VHF radio.

Note the K in the model number.

LZ1CBK

yes, this is something which I noticed yesterday evening, after searching for codeplug .
under this number I found ONLY codeplugs for VHF radios .
It is strange how it comes that this in an UHF radio. Even, when you read the radios with the firmware upgrade tool, it says that it is H25KCC6AN3 , UHF ( 403-470 MHz) , and shows the correct SN as well ??
There is something wrong with this radio ...

PS: I will program codeplug with VHF frequencies then, to see if the radio will work !
Though I already tested it and it is confirmed that it works on our old UHF frequencies ...

LZ1CBK

Hi all,

yes, the radio works with the codeplug with VHF frequencies . There is something very strange...
In this case appears that the radio is really VHF . I do not understand then how the radio worked before with the other UHF radios , but I tested and even pass through the UHF repeater .
This is a fantom radio ( dual bander) :) most probably

Thanks again to cmdrwill for the tip .

Regards to all

Boris

Status
Not open for further replies.