need help please

Status
Not open for further replies.

victor444

Hi, I'm trying to catch cops, ambulance, alert and news frequency of laurentides, montreal and Québec but it seems like my radioamator is limited to 140 to 165 and 400 to 465 ...is it because my menu setting or my antenna?

can you help me please?

Any information is appreciated.

thanks

Any information is appreciated.
If your radioamator doesn't cover the proper frequencies, you won't hear them on it.

Radio Amateur Communication Channels
It is not mandatory for all radio amateurs to know and use all of the modes described below, but it is definitely worth getting to know.

• Telegraph : the oldest mode of communication. It is given by hand with the help of a morse key and taken with headphones. The advantage is that the transceiver, which knows the telegraph mode, can be installed relatively easily, by hand. In addition, due to its concentrated energy output, this mode can be used to bridge the maximum distance with the same radio power.
  • Fonia: SSB and FM narrowband modulation are used for audio transmission. These are usually sold in Hungarian or internationally in English. The language of the nationality of the station may also be used, provided that the keywords required for marketing are known in that language.
  • SSTV: classic still image transmission solution.
  • Packet radio : computer transmission of information, automatic packet correctness check, automatic repetition if necessary.
  • APRS : Digital radio system for automatic transmission of position information and meteorological data.
  • Digital modes: PSK31, MFSK16, MT63, FSK441 and countless other methods that are mainly used for long-distance text transmission. These have the advantage that typed text is transmitted. The disadvantage is that each one requires a computer and makes the connection impersonal.
  • Digital Speech (DV) and Digital Data (DD): From the second half of the millennium on, the handheld and digital handhelds for digital voice and data transmission became available to the radio amateur community. mobile radios. The most popular modes include APCO Project 25 (P25) and D-STAR.

victor444

it's a Quanshen fm transceiver took on amazon..same option in the menu than the other on the market and in the same order..sql, step, txp, save, vox, etc

there is no model on it

the frequency start at 136.000 to 174.000 and 400.000 to 519.987. that's all I can say on it

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
It's the wrong tool for the job.

The radio is not capable of monitoring many of the frequencies you want to hear.

In addition, much of the public safety stuff in your area uses digital trunked systems, which the Baofen age Quansheng and other similar radios can't receive.

You also never want to program public safety frequencies into a radio that can transmit. The authorities are generally not amused if you transmit on their channels, even if it's accidental.

You want a scanner that can receive digital P25 trunked systems.

victor444

ok tks everyone

can you tell me where and what kind of radio to buy and the average cost of it please

victor444

suite à vos recommandation, j'ai acheté le uniden, beancat, sr30c... j'entends quelques fréquences mais c'est pas la grosse affaire, est-ce qu'une meilleure antenne m'aiderait à entendre plus?

paulmohr

I did a quick look at your area in Canada and most of it seems to be digital and encrypted. Looks like there might be some Fire channels you can get with that radio though. With the digital network you would need a different radio that can do that. Prices would probably start around 200 dollars if you could find a deal, more likely closer to 300 or 400 dollars. However since they use encryption it would be a waste of money because you can't buy a radio that will pick those up. At least on the police side of things. News stations I don't have a clue about. Maybe call one of your news stations and see what they use?

Status
Not open for further replies.