Need help programming some systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

villlythekid

Premium Subscriber
Hello everyone,
I am pretty new to scanning and am looking to program two systems: one for State Police Troops A-F and one for Merrimack County Sheriff, including New London Police. I just need to know what type of systems both of them are (Mot Type ii/p25, p25 standard, or p25 one freq trunk.) I am using FreeScan to program these.

villlythekid

Premium Subscriber
Great scanner!

@tvengr should e able to make you a file for Freescan

In the meantime, use this:

View attachment 86969
Ok, here are the screenshots of the ones I am trying to program: (State Police, Merrimack sheriff, New London PD) I’m assuming state police and Merrimack sheriff dispatch would all be P25 standard, and what would New London PD be?

Attachments

• 7C4B5C68-383F-496A-BA76-D56B0E404A39.jpeg
    7C4B5C68-383F-496A-BA76-D56B0E404A39.jpeg
    151.8 KB · Views: 18
  • ACE3AE27-A7B9-4413-BAC7-96E584F02321.jpeg
    ACE3AE27-A7B9-4413-BAC7-96E584F02321.jpeg
    29.6 KB · Views: 15
  • 8F28BC6F-0FF0-4305-991E-EE0CA9740273.jpeg
    8F28BC6F-0FF0-4305-991E-EE0CA9740273.jpeg
    60.2 KB · Views: 13

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
It seems like the two RR pages don’t include a chart like that:

If it doesn't have a chart like that they are not trunked systems, all trunked systems are listed separate from the regular county freq listing. In the county listing look at the mode column you have P25, NXDN, DMR, otherwise these are FM NFM which usually indicate analog stand alone channels. Be careful though to make sure they haven't joined a trunked system (either county, state or regional) and aren't actively using the old channels listed in that list.

villlythekid

Premium Subscriber
From what I see, NH State Police is using conventional P25. I see no public safety on any trunked system. New Hampshire - Department of Safety Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference Are you still in Washington DC or did you move to New Hampshire?
I do live near Washington DC, but I am up here for a few weeks. The main talkgroup that I’m trying to get is New London police, which operates on p25 according to RR. However, it requests that I program a site as well if I put the system to P25 Standard. Is there anyway you can take me through step by step on how to program that one talkgroup?

villlythekid

Premium Subscriber
If it doesn't have a chart like that they are not trunked systems, all trunked systems are listed separate from the regular county freq listing. In the county listing look at the mode column you have P25, NXDN, DMR, otherwise these are FM NFM which usually indicate analog stand alone channels. Be careful though to make sure they haven't joined a trunked system (either county, state or regional) and aren't actively using the old channels listed in that list.
I’m still having trouble. On RR it’s saying that it’s a P25 Talkgroup, yet there is no site listed on the page. I tried programming it conventionally but I’m pretty sure it didn’t work.

tvengr

Well Known Member
New London PD is a conventional P25 frequency. It is not a talkgroup. Conventional frequencies do not have sites. Here is what I think the file should be: See if the State Police Troop D frequency works.

Attachments

• Merrimack Co NH.zip
    1.7 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:

tvengr

Well Known Member
I just double checked. New London PD is a conventional analog frequency. 155.01 with 136.5 PL tone. Where in the database does it say that New London PD is P25?

Frequency License Type Tone Alpha Tag Description Mode Tag
155.01000 WNFI996 BM136.5 PLNewLndnPDDspPolice Dispatch FMN Law Dispatch

Last edited:

tvengr

Well Known Member
I did some checking and found that the New London PD frequency is licensed for both analog and P25. The frequency for Kearsarge Valley Mutual Aid Fire/EMS Dispatch is also licensed for both. In the new file, I have the frequencies entered twice, one set up for analog and the other for digital. I also found another New London PD frequency licensed for P25. That is in the New London PD group also. The frequencies are marked A for analog and D for digital.

Attachments

• Merrimack Co NH2.zip
    1.8 KB · Views: 2

villlythekid

Premium Subscriber
I did some checking and found that the New London PD frequency is licensed for both analog and P25. The frequency for Kearsarge Valley Mutual Aid Fire/EMS Dispatch is also licensed for both. In the new file, I have the frequencies entered twice, one set up for analog and the other for digital. I also found another New London PD frequency licensed for P25. That is in the New London PD group also. The frequencies are marked A for analog and D for digital.
Wow, thanks! I’ll try them out and let you know! In the mean time, what would I do trying to set up the sheriff, which is a confirmed P25 on the RR page? Is it also conventional? Once again I really appreciate the help.

jmarcel66

Feed Provider
What the out of staters have eluded to is yes, all of these frequencies are conventional, as as is almost all of NH. Only Manchester and Nashua have public safety trunked systems. NH parks on the coast too if ya want to add them.

So in FreeScan, the systems, all of them, would be standard conventional adding the frequencies, tones/NACs, naming, etc as you would any other conventional system.

New London is in fact Analog and rarely, if ever uses P25. They are on 155.9625 with a PL of 94.8. 155.010 is used on occasion and maybe the input to 9625 as well. The rest of the LEs you asked about are P25.

If you google Scan New England and look for their Wiki pages, they tend to be more up to date.

Enjoy,
John Marcel,
Penacook, NH

villlythekid

Premium Subscriber
Disregard that last comment, I realized you included 5 groups, and so far they seem to be working! I’ll let you know if I have any difficulties, thanks!

villlythekid

Premium Subscriber
What the out of staters have eluded to is yes, all of these frequencies are conventional, as as is almost all of NH. Only Manchester and Nashua have public safety trunked systems. NH parks on the coast too if ya want to add them.

So in FreeScan, the systems, all of them, would be standard conventional adding the frequencies, tones/NACs, naming, etc as you would any other conventional system.

New London is in fact Analog and rarely, if ever uses P25. They are on 155.9625 with a PL of 94.8. 155.010 is used on occasion and maybe the input to 9625 as well. The rest of the LEs you asked about are P25.

If you google Scan New England and look for their Wiki pages, they tend to be more up to date.

Enjoy,
John Marcel,
Penacook, NH
Thanks, John. Here’s what I have now for New London PD. The sheriff and state police is working, but I can’t tell if it’s either really quiet or the New London PD talkgroup isn’t working. What changes do I have to make? (This is all under a conventional system on Freescan)
NLPD Dispatch A 155.01000 Tone: 136.5Hz Step: Auto Mod: NFM Audio Type: Analog Only

NLPD Dispatch D 155.01000 Tone: None Step: Auto Mod: NFM Audio Type: Digital Only

PD Unknown D 156.10500 Tone: None Step: Auto Mod: NFM Audio Type: Digital only

Status
Not open for further replies.