Need help with Pro 197

Status
Not open for further replies.

derbie223

Premium Subscriber
I don't have an issue getting the right channel or frequency. I can hear everything including her when I sit outside or when I'm at work. But I can't get it to work in the house. That is my only issue. The frequencies or programming is not my problem.

Highpockets

What software did you use? If you could ZIP up the file that you upload to your scanner and attach it to a message here on RR, someone will look at it to make sure you did it right. Like maybe you did not program the closest tower to your house, and just the one close to work, etc.

derbie223

Premium Subscriber
I used the software that came with the scanner. I will try to zip the file and upload it. Come to think of it, I can't even get signal for my local EMS and it's just 2 miles from my house. Maybe that is the problem. How do I upload a file on here?

Highpockets

When you hit Post Reply, scrool down to you see Manage Attachments, you should be able to figure it out after you click that.

I don't have that software but I sure someone will, just try to give the name of the program. Also the Trunked system you are trying to program and the Talk Group your daughter is on.

derbie223

Premium Subscriber
ok, I used the software that came with the scanner called BuTel software. I then used the RR link inside the software to download the information. It asked me for my state (GA) then the county (Chatham) then I clicked on the "trunked" tab and then the drop down box listing the trunked systems for Chatham county. I only chose the ones I wanted. The main one is Chatham County EMS. Then I uploaded it to the scanner. I'm attaching a screen shot of the software at the point that I chose the trunk group. I will also try and safe the file to upload here as well. Really hope someone out there can put this puzzle together for me. I hope it's just a simple thing and me being a scanner dummy just can't see it right now!! Thanks for everyone's help!!

Attachments

• scanner.pdf
    241.4 KB · Views: 129

Highpockets

I don't know that software and I tried them all and the free trials are expired so I can't look at it to help. (I use Win500)

Look in the Freq section of the software (for that Trunked System), are there 5 freq's in that section?

derbie223

Premium Subscriber
yes, Coloradomom, the one I'm trying to listen to is in Savannah. On the coast. I live about 35 miles west of Savannah.

Highpockets

The reason I asked if you have the 5 freq's (in red in the database) that will be the 5 towers. Because you can hear it at work and not at home, my first guess was programming and you don't have all the freq's in for that system.

derbie223

Premium Subscriber
Here is a saved file of my downloaded information in the software.

Attachments

• Chatham county software.zip
    1.7 KB · Views: 51

Highpockets

One last question until someone can check out your programming, are these the freq's that are in the software (file) that your uploading to the scanner?

derbie223

Premium Subscriber
yes, those are the frequencies listed and yes, I've tried every outlet, every window, every corner, every desk, everywhere in my house!!! lol! :/

Status
Not open for further replies.