• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Baofeng Need help with programming Baofeng H6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gar45

Premium Subscriber
Hi all. I just bought a Baofeng H6 2 way from Amazon. I can't get the chirp software to recognize the radio. I have tried using Radioddity GA-510 as mentioned on another forum. I also tried using Tidradio TD-H6. I keep getting the error message "could not open port. Error 3 system can't find the path". I've manually typed in ports 1 to 6 but I still get the same error message. Device manager says the cable is plugged into a USB serial port. Any ideas how to fix this? Thanks in advance.

Gar45

Premium Subscriber
Try here

Also, make sure that you have the proper driver set up.
Thanks. I tried to download it and when I opened it, it was all in Chinese, even though the link said English.

HavenBTS

Banned by a Super Duper Moderator
Banned
Thanks. I tried to download it and when I opened it, it was all in Chinese, even though the link said English.
Try clicking one of the menu options along the top left. I believe it is the second from the right and click the bottom option.

HavenBTS

Banned
Although this is for the UV-5R it works in most CPS from most manufacturers.

Attachments

• bf English.JPG
    bf English.JPG
    33.6 KB · Views: 25

Gar45

Premium Subscriber
Although this is for the UV-5R it works in most CPS from most manufacturers.
Ok so I got it to switch to English. Now it says pls link your radio. I must be having an issue with the software reading the radio. Is there a driver that is needed for this cable? According to the info on Amazon, no driver was needed.

HavenBTS

Banned
Yeah I read that thanks. Since mine didnt say "prolific" I couldnt proceed any further. I am at a loss as to how to make the software recognize my radio.
Go to Control Panel then to Ports (Com & LTP) then look for the Com port your system recognizes and then set the COM port to the same in the programming Software. In the example file that is attached, it it COM 5.

Attachments

• Ports.JPG
    Ports.JPG
    57.7 KB · Views: 5

Gar45

Premium Subscriber
Go to Control Panel then to Ports (Com & LTP) then look for the Com port your system recognizes and then set the COM port to the same in the programming Software. In the example file that is attached, it it COM 5.
Yeah I did that...but when I plugged the cable in..the only thing that popped up was "other devices..USB serial"...The "Ports" doesnt show on my device manager...

HavenBTS

Banned
Yeah I did that...but when I plugged the cable in..the only thing that popped up was "other devices..USB serial"...The "Ports" doesnt show on my device manager...
Then I believe that you do not have the driver installed or installed correctly.

Can you provide a link to the cable you purchased on Amazon?

HavenBTS

Banned
The cable came with the radio...here is the link to what I bought:
The description doesn't say anything about if this cable is a Prolific or FTDI. I cab only say that this cable....

works and it loads the driver automatically.

Gar45

Premium Subscriber
yeah..I know..I'm thinking now about sending it back to Amazon and getting this one because it says no driver needed...what do you think?

HavenBTS

Banned
yeah..I know..I'm thinking now about sending it back to Amazon and getting this one because it says no driver needed...what do you think?
Try loading this driver first and see if it works.

Download the folder to your computer and click setup. If that doesn't work I would send it back to Amazon.

Gar45

Premium Subscriber
Try loading this driver first and see if it works.

Download the folder to your computer and click setup. If that doesn't work I would send it back to Amazon.
Ok..just tried it..says driver pre-install failure. I guess i'm out of luck with this....so you think the other one looks like it may work?

HavenBTS

Banned
Either that or go here....

Gar45

Premium Subscriber
Either that or go here....

yeah I was looking at that one too..as long as no driver is needed it should work hopefully...

HavenBTS

Banned
Ok..just tried it..says driver pre-install failure. I guess i'm out of luck with this....so you think the other one looks like it may work?
Then try uninstalling the driver and then plugging the cable in again

Status
Not open for further replies.