Need Programmer For PRO-106

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gatorman

I am looking for REPUTABLE service to program a PRO-106. Mine was working great but needed a system added. I sent it to a programming service that advertises heavily and it came back with only one system that I requested. The programmer blamed it on his software, the radio and finally the post office!!!!! I just need to find someone who knows how to program a PRO-106. Please no snarky comments, just need a source.

Kind regards!!!!

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Before anyone can really help, you should supply at least where you are (county/state is fine) and precisely what you are trying to hear. Use our database and supply the URL for the entry. There has been a fair number of folks recently that bought the wrong radio for their system, or come to find out encryption (which no scanner can break) is in use.

The database can be accessed by clicking on the down arrow next to 'RadioReference' in the blue toolbar on the left. (At least that's how I see it in Chrome). The map and other items are easy to navigate

Mike

Gatorman

Thanks for answering. Shelby County, TN, Motorola Type II Smartzone, Memphis LGW, same type system, Alachua County, FL, GRU, Phase 1 system. Problem is not knowing what I want to hear, its my lack of understanding of software, programming. I'm looking to hire someone to do it. I sent a PM to TVENGR. I realize I'm a dinosaur in terms of programming.

Radio was programmed and worked perfectly but Alachua County switched to Phase 1 and some TGs were added to the Memphis system. The guy who worked on it trashed it.

ka3aaa

Premium Subscriber
Just a friendly piece of advice but it might be a good ideas if you learned how to program the scanner yourself ,that way you can make all the changes you want whenever you want and at no cost to you, its really not that difficult once you get on to it, and you will learn by trial and error.

just my two cents for whats its worth.

icemantim8

Premium Subscriber
I have ARC 500 software which will program a Pro 106. If you don't find anyone else to assist you, I will be happy to help.

Tim
KC5RYY

DJ11DLN

Another vote for getting the software and learning to program what you want. You already have Premium Subscriber status so you're halfway there already. Try the various apps for your radio, they all have 30-day free trials before you have to buy. I'd lean towards PSREdit or ARC500 right now because there's been a lot of problems with the Starrsoft site and WIN500, though that one happens to be my favorite. But any of them will do the job and there are a ton of Youtube vids out there to help you figure out how it works. And it really isn't that hard once you get past the intimidation factor. Once you get to that point you'll be independent of needing to pay somebody to program your scanner.

K9DAK

Premium Subscriber
Another vote for getting the software and learning to program what you want.

Yep another vote for learning here. Also, the first thing I do when I obtain any new scanner is learn to program it by hand, without software. Even if it's only a control channel and a couple of TGs, that learning will serve you well if you ever need to make programming changes on the fly without access to your PC and software. I can make changes to my PRO-106 & 197 and my TRX-1 on the fly without even thinking about it... just have to remember to upload back to the PC next time I connect!

buttaik

Thanks for answering. Shelby County, TN, Motorola Type II Smartzone, Memphis LGW, same type system, Alachua County, FL, GRU, Phase 1 system. Problem is not knowing what I want to hear, its my lack of understanding of software, programming. I'm looking to hire someone to do it. I sent a PM to TVENGR. I realize I'm a dinosaur in terms of programming.

Radio was programmed and worked perfectly but Alachua County switched to Phase 1 and some TGs were added to the Memphis system. The guy who worked on it trashed it.
Are you physically located in Gainesville?

buttaik

Gatorman, not sure if u saw my post but I am happy to program your 106. I have a 106 and it works. At least for now. I am n Gainesville.

N5XPM

You will find lots of helpful Radio Reference folks here...some of which you have found can send a file back and forth and others could potentially set you up with a remote computer access (Log me in type scenario) approach as well and help you learn more in the process. Be sure to thank the helpers.

Ronaldski

MI DB Admin
Database Admin
Yep one of the things about the radio systems they very often change to another radio system and have updated talkgroups that show up in the database. Knowing how to program you can keep up as things change and they definitely do.
Since your county is using type II which is being fast outmoded and replaced, don't be surprised they go to full digital P25. If they do, don't be surprised if its phase II instead of phase I, if so on phase II, the 106 cant decode phase II.
See that they talk about them switching here Memphis Police Department

See how to program

651 is really the same radio - https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=pro+651+programming

CycleSycho

:( IN THESE DAYS OF INFORMATION THEFT AND PRIVACY SECURITY, I would advise NEVER allow ANYONE to 'remote connect' to a computer (or any other communication device) no matter how much you 'trust' the 'other' person. The risk of identity/fraud/any 'theft' from either side is just too risky to involve yourself. THE only (and this is a big maybe) instance is if a totally dedicated DIFFERENT isolated computer for ONLY programming the scanner is used AND that computer is not involved in your own private/personal information. THIS IS NOT TO INFER ANYONE IS DISHONEST, it is because there is no way to totally guarantee both parties systems are 100% (notice I didn't say anything over 100%) free of ANY spy/hack/malware on their systems. Keep it through a intermediary like the firewalls of a third party large capacity system. Unless your using a DOD or high security internet company, your just guessing (and even they are sometimes vulnerable to intrusion). Before I get flamed incessantly remember ppl are extremely ignorant of the impact demonstrated so publicly regarding hackers and theft of 'anything of value'. To the instance, those victimized never thought they were hacked or a victim until the proverbial crapola hit the fan. A word to the wise? :(

squall8ball

If you still need it, i live in Gainesville and i am also the person who streams the current Alachua county frequencies on brodcastify currently. I would be more than happy to program your scanner for you.

kayserc72

If you still need it, i live in Gainesville and i am also the person who streams the current Alachua county frequencies on brodcastify currently. I would be more than happy to program your scanner for you.
I also have a PRO-106 scanner that I attempted to reprogram manually but it appears it is hosed. If you can program mine as well please provide the details, i.e., cost, shipping and how to contact you with my freq requirements.

Thank You chuck K

Status
Not open for further replies.